Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So what does Paul Ryan's retirement mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Either you are choosing to not understand or don't actually.
    That's ok, maybe Rob will answer.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Back to the original question. This retirement does not surprise me. The republican yelled about the deficit and spending all through the obama years. They came through with their promise to cut taxes, although I believe the tax cuts have a small effect on the middle and lower classes, and make the rich richer. Especially executives in large corporations who may do some sharing with their employees, but the stockholding, big bonus execs stand to become much wealthier. Also the personal tax cuts stand to expire.

In in the meantime, the budget is set to massively balloon the deficit. They were cowards who did not want a shutdown blamed on them so they caved. Why wouldn’t Ryan get out? If anyone of them speak against anything Trump says or does they will be tweeted about the next morning with the label “lying, disgraceful, cheater” . I would not put up with that abuse if I had a choice. He and his fellow republicans will be having a lot to answer for in the upcoming elections. My republican congressman hides from the public when at home. He does not talk on the phone or in person to his constituents and form emails and letters are sent out. I went to one of his “listening” sessions and in the front of the hall a bunch of men with red MAGA hats stood facing the crowd with their arms crossed. Like someone in the crowd (almost all senior citizens) was going to rush him or something. It was ridiculous and I lost all respect for him. He does send out emails touting how great he is.

I don’t believe Ryan will be holding his head high in regards to doing what was right for his constituents. Maybe he’ll be like Boehner but instead of lobbying for Marijuana lobby for Planned Parenthood. That would be just about up to his integrity.

Heller in NV is also hiding because people are mad at the same type of behavior. Hopefully, he will get beat this election.

we'll have a small rich class and a huge poor class.
    Seems to me that this is already close to how things are becoming. I certainly don't remember scads of homeless people camped out under bridges and along the riverbanks when I was growing up.
    There was a Frontline on the other night about the crumbing of the Republican Party under Trump. They are jumping ship left and right. Or brown-nosing to keep their jobs.

When the gap between rich and poor gets to big that is when you have civil unrest.

Thread Information