Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Best Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    I have no idea.
    BTW, I too have a Prius! Prius C. I am hoping it will be my last car too. We bought it about 7 months before my husband passed away. Not a lot of miles on it as I have been in a sort of inertia since then in many ways.
    It is a difficult time to get through. Sending hugs.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

This has been thought-provoking for me, but I cannot think of an answer. Maybe I'm still waiting for it.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I think some of my better years were between college and getting a real job when I traveled, worked some low stress but interesting temporary jobs, and could fit all of my belongings in a truck bed or station wagon. The year I left my last career job comes awfully close to that in some ways with a little less youthful energy and and quite a few more of life's comforts. So that's my pick for the best year.

I honestly cannot look back and say that a certain year or time period was my best. Maybe I am still in it, living quite happily in my little house with my husband and our cats? Maybe I am just beginning it, having recently left the corporate rat race?
    Since I am trying to be more mindful and spending more time "in the moment," I will say that the current year is and always should be my best year.

Special times, so far I have 3 that stand out as totally exceptional: 1993 when my 1st child was place in my arms, 1994 when my 2nd child was placed in my arms, and 1999 when my 3rd child was placed in my arms. All adoptions and all occurred at airports - LOL. When I think back to each event, I am immediately filled with the emotions of the each moment.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I know for sure it's not this one.

I can't choose just one, but the year I studied abroad, the year I moved from the East coast to the West, the year my daughter was born, and the year we moved to Oregon were all wonderful. This year is looking good - if my hip continues to improve then 2018 may make my top ten.

not so much my best year but my best years ... Late August of 2001 to April of 2006 .. I met my husband, we got married, sold my house that was in a suburb of Seattle ... Moved 100 miles south to my dream home... Got a much needed and wanted breast reduction that insurance covered all but 200 of ( sorry TMI, but those of us that are well endowed will understand). took my horse to the Appaloosa Nationals in 2004 and earned 2 Reserve National Championships and many top three placings . bred said horse to a top stallion. then it went downhill for quite a few years... Had had a lot of ups and downs since, but have been on an upswing since September of last year with just a few dips

Interesting question and I can't pick just one either.

Personal: 1980 at age 19 married the love of my life and we're about to be 38 years happy about it!
    Financial: 2010-debt free forever (the year we paid off our mountain cabin-the final debt and in just 6.5years)
    Career: 2001-quit a 20y job that had become soul-sucking and built a facility for 15 surgeons-a joyous project and the 8y to follow until they sold it :-(

I have no doubt the best is yet to come

I dont know my best year. I remember coming out of the fog of my 20’s and entering 30’s, so that was a good period. My 30’s were my best dcade.

I didnt really like my 40’s decade although not much bad happened, well, my father died a few weeks before
    I turned 40. I suppose a shrink would say that colored that decade with the finality of mortality but that was the only bad thing. I looked forward to turning 50 and getting out of that decade of the 40’s, and 50’s and 60’s have been good.

Thread Information