Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grocery delivery

Peapod is still around but it’s considered inferior to the other services. It’s sort of a has been.

Oh how i wish this had been available for different times in my life. I used to go to the grocery at 3 am, seriously. One car, 2 small children, and a 24 hour store.

Sounds like a great thing to support, i have grocery shopped for friends and honestly it was hardto get it right

Sorry about the shingles.

I know a few folks who do it. They claim they save money because they stick to their list, unlike when you're in the store and are tempted by impulse items.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I'm 48 and just had shingles this year, too only I caught it the first day and got on meds fast so it wasn't bad and it was on my chest so it didn't cause mobility problems. Sorry yours took so long to get over.

We use grocery delivery from Shoprite as I am disabled and am caring for my elderly parents. Or we do in-car pick up from Hanaford which is free. Our last big grocery chain now offers delivery but I haven't tried them. BJs just announced delivery in 2 hrs for $14.99. That will be a huge help when we need things like 50lbs of dog food. I always feel guilty for spending the extra money but have to remind myself, it's cheaper than a bad fall in the store. I do find it curbs impulse buying because when I shopped my dad came along and threw all kinds of cookies and ice-cream in the cart and he is a diabetic. Now only a small amt is in the house, if he wants more, he has to go out and get it, which is hard on him.

Thread Information