Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump/Russia/Syria......and my cat

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Trump/Russia/Syria......and my cat

I am going to guess it goes without saying that I am upset over the this recent bombing of Syria (though amazingly I've run across two people in the 85006 who are not 100% against it).......my take is that this situation could lead us to WW3. So where does my cat come in, you ask?

Simple. As grown adults it is our responsibility to make a risk assessment and determine if it is in our best interests vs. the risk involved to remain in the United States (or any other country for that matter) for another day. But my cat - and the pets of all of us here - don't have this ability to gauge risk - any bombing over Phoenix (unlikely I hope but who knows?) makes my cat's life at risk and given that we are talking of an innocent animal here, this really bothers me.

Honestly, I don't know how at risk the United States realistically is but Russia did warn us and the Orange One showed his expected lack of regard for consequence, risk, and life. Forget me and the 85006 for once, forget picketing and protesting and Human Rights..........simply stated, my cat deserves better. To not be at risk of loss of life should tensions continue to escalate and should Russia truly attack the US.

I am beyond disillusioned and disgusted today. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I am beyond disillusioned and disgusted today. Rob
    So, just another day in the neighborhood?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So, just another day in the neighborhood?
    Point taken.....but I still maintain that my cat as an innocent form of life not possessing the ability to gauge risk(s) such as this deserves better. One bright spot in this sorry saga however is that the US is not the only player in this drama. Rob

Better go protest the Russian consulate then. Million cat/pet walk.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Better go protest the Russian consulate then. Million cat/pet walk.
    Given that Russia did not bomb Syria, I'm not seeing the connection.......Rob

To not be at risk of loss of life should tensions continue to escalate and should Russia truly attack the US.
    Given that Russia did not bomb Syria, I'm not seeing the connection.......Rob
    Sorry, you didn't understand what you posted. Maybe a reading comprehension refresher course at an adult community center, or calming down, or not being hyperbolic may help.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Sorry, you didn't understand what you posted. Maybe a reading comprehension refresher course at an adult community center, or calming down, or not being hyperbolic may help.
    My point is that it may have been wiser not to bomb Syria in the first place, given that Russia is now threatening consequences. Rob

Unfortunately, bombing Syria is not going to stop them from killing their own people. I was dismayed that other countries thought it was a good idea too. No wonder the Syrians are trying to get out of that country any way they can.

Yppej
    One commentator said there is a way to help victims of Syria's civil war. Admit them as refugees.

With all due deference to Rob's cat, I pray that this country never degrades to the point that we're afraid to take action because we're afraid of how some thug with a flag will react.

Thread Information