Thread: Interview for Promotion Over....have no idea how it went.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Interview for Promotion Over....have no idea how it went.

Just as I said, I did interview for the Office Position at the Banquet Staffing Service and I have no idea how it went. Of course I put my best foot forward but it was such a bizarre experience. What I mean by this is that the interview itself was not in a food and beverage setting with constant interruptions - it was held in a nicely furnished office with low key lighting.......a setting that is going to instinctively put my teeth on edge.

I put together what I believe were valid selling points for my candidacy for the position and I also had some assembled goodies from neighbors in the 85006 to wear - such as the expensive watch one neighbor lent me from his days selling drugs (now he's a reformed roofer and out of that life). A very nice silk tie from a Sanborn's (Mexican department store chain) in Mexico City. I even wore a burrowed belt - and I do have a couple belts myself but this one was much nicer than mine) from Cuernavaca (I'm told it comes from an open air market held on Sundays near a large Catholic church downtown).

Kind of like the concept of something old, something new, something burrowed, something blue. It just helped to be wearing things lent by neighbors as it was such a foreign situation I was entering. If this helped me, I really don't know, but I was less jittery thinking I was wearing things from Mexico and things that had a life story in my neighborhood. So we'll see.

I don't perceive that I bombed but it was not an easy interview, either. Rob

Better get to Mexico for treatment, if that belt is burrowing into you. I don't think I would be borrowing something that caused me injury like that.
    I am surprised that you are trying to be "above your station" by borrowing a drug dealer/former roofers property, to try to impress. Doesn't seem consistent with your victim status.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Better get to Mexico for treatment, if that belt is burrowing into you. I don't think I would be borrowing something that caused me injury like that.
    I am surprised that you are trying to be "above your station" by borrowing a drug dealer/former roofers property, to try to impress. Doesn't seem consistent with your victim status.
    Former drug dealer.....he's now reformed and leading a law abiding life. Rob

If I'm not mistaken, I shopped at Sanborns when I visited Mexico City; I believe I bought a Spanish version of I Survived Hitler's Ovens, which pretty much summed up my experience...(Though "I survived Mexico City's impressive air pollution" would have been more to the point).

I like the idea of your neighborhood getting together to contribute to your success! Fingers crossed for you.

I am holding a good thought for you Rob)

I also really like the team spirit of your community helping you dress up for the interview. They are really stressful huh! I am almost certain I didn't get the job I really wanted, but teaching the sample lesson showed me what I need to work on.

Thread Information