Thread: Year 4 of the elephant

Year 4 of the elephant

Technically, year 4 started February 27th, but we’ve had a long break.

dh found a local mill that will cut boards to cover the exposed 2x8 double ties in the ceiling so that they will look like beams.

today we measured. Tomorrow he’s going to order the boards.

Yeah chicken lady I've been waiting for year four of the elephant !

So what is on your plan to finish this year? When we were young and had a big old house we would remodel 1 room per year or every few years. We would save up the $ and that room would be unusable for about a month and then we would be done. Of course we were not taking out walls, etc so it was easy to do this way. My kids grew up in that house and it was awesome.

I would love to have the addition finished and let year 5 focus on cleanout and organizing, decorating, but it’s a big maybe. Cost and finances are the big questions.

It is really expensive to remodel a house. I hope you are loving your addition.

Keep chewing CL. It will get done.

We are using and loving the space - the subfloor is hard on my socks though. We have picked out a floor, but it will be beams first (dh talked to the guy, but he has a supplier issue he is trying to work out) the light in here is wonderful. And it was fantastic to have our friends here at Christmas and have room for everyone.

i feel like the stuff has ebbed and flowed this year. It seemed like a ton went out when I did the receipts for taxes, and I don’t feel like i’ve brought that much in, but it still feels crowded. I’m still visiting my hoarding support group every day and telling them everything i bring home, and celebrating my successes with them (sometimes success is when I keep driving past something on the curb) they seem to think i’m doing ok. Even the not-a-hoarder-just-living-with-one person.

Would you mind telling the name of the hoarding group? I know someone who is looking for one; it is online, right?

Thread Information