Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm taking a carpentry course!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    OK, it still doesn't look too much like a bench yet, but by next week it will be completed! This week we cut a beveled edge on the top back piece with the table saw, rounded the ends of the arms with the band saw and belt sander, and used a nail gun, drill and drill set up as a screw gun to begin assembly. So all preparation is in place to just drill and screw the pieces together next week.
    The instructor was talking about what people might like to make in the next class, and I would definitely like to enroll. This is some very fun stuff!
    Attachment 2199
    Makin' progress!

RosaR, That's such a cool thing to do!

Keep us updated! It's fun to see the work-in-progress!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Here is the finished product, although it still needs to be stained or painted. I had a lot of fun and hope to enroll in future carpentry classes. A few folks that were in the class keep enrolling to build their skills and work on different projects. These benches are beefy and would easily hold King Kong and a friend!

bench 1.jpg
    bench 2.jpg
    bench 3.jpg

Well done, rosa! I would be proud to have that bench in my yard. Gonna build another?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thanks, Steve. We have two since DH also built one, so next project will be something that isn't a bench.

Very nice! Good job!

Good lookng bench!

several years ago DH built a custom designed bench in a gothic motif, the theme of one of my garden areas. We had many arguements over it, but it turned out to be just what I wanted. although looking back, I probably should have just purchased a $500 gothic bench from England, there was that much acrimony in its construvtion. Haha.

Hope yours is a conflict -free bench!

Gorgeous! Hey, we inherited an Adirondack chair with the house in VT, but it has a couple of broken slats. Could you drive up and replace them for us?

Really, nice job.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It looks great and how wonderful to have two! Next class maybe the foot stools/tables. You should be very proud.

Thread Information