Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: decades week for Spring Break camp

decades week for Spring Break camp

Next week at spring break camp we are doing decades with costume contests each day. I am now getting really excited. I went to target and goodwill and have a solid start on it all. Monday is 50's and I am pretty set for that, Plus my costume closet is getting filled out!

50's I found a fluffy Mickey Mouse sweater on sale at Target. I am going to wear my black and white polka dot stretchy pants with it. I will also find some mouse ears or make some.
    60's I found a pink dress with daisies on it, I am going to hem it so mini skirt length and find yellow tights. Then the challenge is to find white go-go boots or make some. I saw some directions for covering boots with white duct tape as an option. Also a wide headband.
    70's I found a hippy sweater, bright colors and fringe, at goodwill. I have birkenstocks and boot cut jeans. Not sure if this works yet but I will go to goodwill again this weekend. Flower headband is a must however
    80's MY GENERATION, I can pretty much dress as normal although I hear the neon colors are more recognizable as the 80's. Tough, I do want to find fishnets to wear with my short plaid skirt and doc marten's (I also have a rancid tshirt and a jean jacket with a pile of buttons)
    90's I am pretty darn excited about this one, I have a long floral dress and my doc marten's. Also the jean jacket. Maybe some type of hat but i can't remember what hats they wore.

I realized that you can pretty much wear any of these things now toned down and it works. But maybe I have no real fashion sense

That all sounds fun. I like polka dots, they never get old.

My mother refused to buy me a gogo boots.They did seem to go in and out very quickly however.

How fun!

We had an 80’s day at work.

my work friend, who knows I usually get into these things saw me and said “you didn’t dress up!” I said “these are the actual clothes I wore in the 80s.” She looked me over and said “you shouldn’t have done that.”

CL, that reminds me of the first Halloween I was in college and had no money for a costume. I traded outfits with a friend. At the party people of course thought she was dressed up but asked me why I wasn't dressed up. I pointed to my friend wearing my red plaid skirt, modified jean jacket and combat boots and told them that was me!

Congrats for fitting into your clothes from the 80’s)

20190325_143615.jpg
    Here is 50's day, I had flats on but this was for going to the playground. The fluffy Mickey Mouse jacket was on clearance for $10 at Target, I already owned the pants.

Cute!

TT, my father always said that one of the glories of a mispent youth is that middle age looks pretty good.

20190326_190959.jpg

Her20190326_190959.jpgHere is my attempt at the mod-60's, the shoes were very comfy from goodwill in the perfect size. I am NOT a pink person but I stayed in costume all day.

You look cute in both, but I am partial to the 50s polkadots

Thread Information