Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm taking a carpentry course!

I haven't kept this thread current, but we've attended 2 more sessions. We made chairs just like the benches, only not as wide, and we just finished bookcases. I am enjoying these classes so much!
    47502262_2196623093683708_5215402787810050048_n.jpgbookcases.jpg

So what are they made of, where are you using them and are they comfy? Sounds like a fun course to take.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

What a great skill!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Razz: They are made of pine, and are fairly comfy. The benches are in the backyard and the chairs will join them there once I get them stained. I think the bookcases will go in the kitchen, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
    You cannot tell from my picture, but the bookcases have dadoes, although no potatoes .
    The course is really fun. The instructor is a retired shop teacher/carpenter/school principal, with tons of skill and patience. He always says the sign of a good carpenter is being able to fix a problem, so we give him plenty of fodder to keep his skills sharp. All the people in the class have been really nice too, not even always the same people, but always friendly, collaborative and helpful.

Your projects look great!

They look very nice!

Hong Kong and your friend are truly fortunate, now that they have somewhere to sit!

I bet you could make a pergola in time for Arbor Day 4/26/19. <wink>

Aren't you so satisfied? Creating two useful projects, learning new skills and working with a pleasant group. Congratulations!

Where are you taking the classes? I am very impressed with your finished projects.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I am taking them at a local vocational high school. It is a night program for adults, a "Community Enrichment Program." I'm enrolled in both yoga and carpentry for 6 weeks starting at the end of April. Finally dipping my toes into yoga.

Thread Information