Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not one pound, sigh

not one pound, sigh

A week without sugar and at the same weight, 6 lbs heavier than the beginning of summer. I even did almost 20K steps yesterday.

Ah well, that wasn't the only reason to do this.

You're not going to lose weight avoiding processed sugar. Try to eat more fruits and vegetables, these are low fat. Try to eat less high fat food, like dairy, cheese, etc.
    Life Lessons From The Pennsylvania Dutchhttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/804572

Yppej
    The carb low keto diet has worked for me. I have lost 21 pounds since last summer and am not hungry. It is avoiding not just table sugar but all but small amounts of any form of sugar. It includes high fat foods to fill you up. So there are different approaches you can take but dumping added sugar is a good start. It creates cravings that lead to overeating.

I agree with Yppej--many roads, same destination, to paraphrase Gandhi.

High fat, low carb seems most suited to my body, but I'm playing with intermittent fasting lately, mostly for the autophagy.

I would agree that few people can get away with a sugary diet for long without their health being affected.

Muscle is heavier than fat.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Muscle is heavier than fat.
    True--and scales are not a very good measure of progress, as weight can fluctuate wildly day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    True--and scales are not a very good measure of progress, as weight can fluctuate wildly day to day.
    I gave up on tracking weight a while ago, and focus more on clothing sizes.

I try to weigh once a week, the clothes are also saying I have not lost anything. I lost weight for the first time in years last summer when I started the summer eating super healthy and hiking a lot. I had a better work schedule to support both of those things.

the only thing I've found to affect my weight and be healthy and sane is lifting weights (and it is actually weight loss not just muscle weighing more than fat although yes if I lift weights I am also more fit and toned). I think you could lose weight theoretically any number of ways (I don't find most of them very conductive to sanity personally but biologically they work for some ...).
    Trees don't grow on money

I abandoned scales years ago and use how my clothes fit, how much energy I have and how I sleep as measures of fitness. My weight does not matter to me anymore. My 'fitness routine' includes farm chores (which uses all muscle groups) and walking 2 miles/day. I get weighed once a year at my yearly physical and have been losing weight every year for the past few years with no effort or plan to do so.
    Last edited by goldensmom; 4-23-18 at 7:43am.

Thread Information