Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Earth day!

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Hey, congratulations! This is a pretty big deal for you isn't it? I seem to remember a few years where you really struggled with filing your taxes. That says a lot about how you are handling all the job stress and to be motivated to file. I just wanted to acknowledge that!
    Thank you, it means so much. I am getting better I think, slowly. My temporary counselor was pretty clear that I need to keep up with counseling to keep up the progress. Hopefully they will see the change at work since my review is due very soon.

I think working on your own land is just as earth friendly as joining a public project. Probably more, because you don’t drive.

Zoe girl, hopefully many of the things you send to goodwill will find new homes and the people buying them will avoid packaging and increasing the demand for new products.

Thank you you for the ideas that made me think. I am going to get some seeds for sprouting. I remembered how much I like alfalfa sprouts on my sandwiches - yummy, fresh, healthy, and more environmentally friendly than lettuce grown with too much water in a water insecure location and transported halfway across the country.

On Earth Day, I hitched a ride in a carpool to go help clean up part of the river I live on. The high water the last 2 winters has washed soooo much trash down stream. We're only 4 miles from the mouth of the river, so it's really good to catch it here. I ended up feeling really disappointed in my fellow humans though- to let all this mess happen in the first place. Awful!

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Baldilocks,

I use my bike for various errands, and as my RV. (There are great daytrips I can take on my bike from my doorstep.) In the Northern Highland of Wisconsin the bicycle season is limited.

Stay visible, my friend!
    You as well. I'm all about lights, mirrors and highly visible clothing. Especially when it's raining or snowing.

We went to our local earth day event. It was huge and tons of people. We bought a wind chime made out of old wine bottles for our patio. We had a great time talking to people and the food was good. It was a perfect day to be outside and we took one of our dogs.

I do some bike commuting and am lucky enough to have a bike and walking path a few blocks from the house. I can do a lot of shopping and errands by bike. The city even plows it in the winter.

Another vote for staying visible. I have a front light that I leave on flashing mode on the trail. I've had a few close calls with other bicyclists who this they are in the tour de France. One was almost a head-on with a cyclist who was texting while biking of all things!

Thread Information