Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Inflammatory Diet

I am still hammering away at this anti-inflam diet. Having a few meals I actually like keeps me going!

I am still sticking to this "diet," flavorless as it is. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I am still sticking to this "diet," flavorless as it is. haha
    Well, I had a meltdown last week, after not eating for 2 days under a lot of stress with the move and a really wacky black comedy of a Mother's Day, but when things started settling down, I did a screeching turn into a parking lot with a food truck on it and had a styrofoam clamshell filled with deep fried clam strips and French fries.

No regrets.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    styrofoam clamshell filled with deep fried clam strips and French fries.
    Sounds delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Also, the sugar in fruit, fructose, is primarily metabolized by the liver, and can contribute to hepatic hypertriglyceridemia and non-alcoholic hyperlidemia in general, particularly when part of a carbohydrate-heavy diet.
    my one food sensitivity is frctose, so no HFCS at all, and apples, avacados, etc are really bad for me. I haven't seen a weight change but when i figured this out i was dealing with stomach distress and that was not the reason. I get very concerned about the prevalence of HFCS in our diets. It is very hard to avoid, i dont get any sauces, desserts or beverages other than plain iced tea when i am out.

I went on the no sugar thing over a month ago and now that i could have sugar i really don't want very much. I had a few ice cream bars and then just cleaned out my kitchen and threw out the hot cocoa mixes and really old frosting. I can eat bananas and some berries which is sweet enough
    Last edited by Zoe Girl; 5-21-18 at 1:40pm. Reason: OMG the tablet types horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Because I have some health issues of the chronic variety (not getting into any details) I have been on an anti-inflammatory diet.

No gluten. No deep fried food. No refined grains. I use only olive oil and coconut oil. I don't eat desserts or candy anyway. I eat fresh fruits and veggies, though I steam, roast, or saute the veggies. I also eat beans and lentils.

All my foods are whole, unprocessed, and rather fresh. Though I do eat organic, local saurkraut and kefir (no other dairy products though).

And for the hell of it I also stopped adding salt to foods.I have not shaken the shaker since March.

So here I am 23 days into this...

I feel a little better. And I am somewhat accustomed to eating these flavorless foods.

Anyone else on this diet?

I have noticed during my low carb diets off and on over the past few years that aches and pains almost go away. Probably because of the no sugar part of the diet?

I am still sticking to this flavorless diet. I am weighing in at about 192 elbeez. So no major weight loss.

I often find myself fantasizing about food. This disturbs me! haha

When I was a young man my fantasy time was composed almost entirely of sex. But as a middle aged, out-of-shape, Midwestern, doughy dude I find myself fantasizing about buttery biscuits, ball park hot dogs, Indian buffets, slices of triple pepperoni pizza, and tall, cold glasses of whole milk. lol

Nonetheless, I am still on this diet. Though I don't know that it is having any notable effect on my chronic illness.

It can take awhile for you to feel better. I have a friend who once could barely move due to chronic pain. She went on an anti-inflammatory diet and followed it religiously. It took 10 months for her to start feeling better. It's been several years now and the change has been dramatic. She is back to skiing, hiking, etc.

If it wasn't for her, I would have given up on the anti-inflammatory diet after a month. But I stuck with it like she did and my pain levels dropped dramatically. I only take the occasional Advil or Tylenol now where as before I was popping them like Skittles.

Now that I'm eating clean, I find that I rarely crave the "forbidden" foods. Some foods, like pizza, don't even seem like food anymore. But I do have a sweet tooth and crave chocolate and ice cream, especially in the summer.

The best suggestion I heard was to follow the 80/20 rule. Eat 80% anti-inflammatory food and you could probably tolerate the other 20%. Better yet, is to follow the 90/10 rule, which is what I aim for.

Don't give up. You may need a lot more time to feel the benefits.

Most flavorful foods can be adapted to whatever food plan you're following. I can't imagine adhering to a flavorless regime for long; thankfully, I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Most flavorful foods can be adapted to whatever food plan you're following. I can't imagine adhering to a flavorless regime for long; thankfully, I don't have to.
    Let me give you examples of the foods I find flavorful.

-Greasy pizzas
    -Greasy burgers
    -Naan
    -French fries
    -Deep-fried, battered fish
    -Hot dogs
    -Pakoras
    -Pasta
    -White bread
    -Biscuits
    -Pancakes
    -Bacon

Here are examples of foods I don't like the taste of or have no desirable flavors:
    -Essentially all veggies
    -Brown rice

Thread Information