Thread: I got a real apology, dude!

I got a real apology, dude!

So there was one of those things today, the communication thing that happens at least once a week with sup. I am keeping my calm now, just accepting the changes and asking for clarification, then taking the next change. He basically questioned if I had read an email thoroughly enough because I had a specific question. So 10 minutes of him repeating what the expectation was for me and telling me to refer to the email. I just listened.

Then he read the email more thoroughly and asked me to call him. He gave a pretty decent apology, and then told me how much he appreciated how much work I do and how competent I am. I almost cried, I think from relief of it all. Having him copied in on 100% of my emails may be working for me.

The situation is that our district is closing because teachers are marching en masse tomorrow. We are 48th in our per pupil spending, and now they want to make changes that significantly affect our retirements. The district announced at 9:30 pm on Monday that we were closing the district so teachers had the option to go. And our department threw together dismissal day camps in 4 days for our regular students. I am really impressed with our leadership actually, they have really taken care of the administrative side of it.

Solidarity Forever

I think you handled it so much better than I would have.

Good for you, Zoe Girl. And I'd be curious to see how the day camps are going to handle things because we're in the same boat here in AZ.

The ripple effect is that some employees have had to call in sick, or ask to work from home yesterday and today. Wonder how long that will be okay with the employers, and whether the employers in turn will put pressure on our state legislatures to pass a realistic education budget?

It is a BIG deal, huge impact here in Colorado. I am serving about 55 kids today and pulling from 3-4 schools. We are only serving students already in our programs. My school alone has 500 students, Some parents immediately took the day off or are sharing child care among the families and friends. Our families are sooo grateful. We have a few nurses or people in professions that simply cannot be covered. They of course are the ones that are always supportive of us.

Thread Information