Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to respond, job is reposted

how to respond, job is reposted

So what would you do? I think that I see that a job I applied for has been reposted, or it is a very similar job. Would you re-apply or reach out? I guess I would assume that it means I didn't meet the qualifications so that would mean no, but I have to wonder.

Hmm.

I think I'd go ahead and reach out. "I noticed either a repost of the job I applied for or a similar job and was curious about feedback regarding my application. I'd like to know how to improve my presentation or qualifications."
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I think I'd go ahead and reach out. "I noticed either a repost of the job I applied for or a similar job and was curious about feedback regarding my application. I'd like to know how to improve my presentation or qualifications."
    +1
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

+2

See, I would not be confident enough to do that. Would they tell the applicant the truth? Those of you who have done this or recommend it, what good has it done?

That is where I am not sure, what would they tell me? In general I tend to be a bit bold however it is NOT working for me this year.

And I officially heard back that I did not get the job with the other school district, at least they called.

See, I would not be confident enough to do that. Would they tell the applicant the truth? Those of you who have done this or recommend it, what good has it done?
    if they could have overlooked a resume. A job on some job board, maybe, they get hundreds of people applying and employers may not even see half of those maybe. But I don't know if that really applies to the situation here if it's an internal application etc, it may not really be a mass deluge of resumes type situation.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    That is where I am not sure, what would they tell me? In general I tend to be a bit bold however it is NOT working for me this year.

And I officially heard back that I did not get the job with the other school district, at least they called.
    I would ask. What is the worst that can happen? You may get good feedback?

There are many reasons a job can be reposted. Ask if it is the same job, the answer will be yes or no. Re-apply in either case. What is the worst that can happen?

Yppej
    This has happened to me. I did not reapply. I figured lots of people apply for most jobs and if none of them are good enough it's probablty someplace I don"t want to work.

Thread Information