Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor George H.W. Bush

Poor George H.W. Bush

I feel so bad for him. I said to my husband after she died........he'll go soon. And now it sounds like he's septic. Sadness can really affect your body.
    Bless his heart. How can you go on after losing someone who's been with you for so long?

It is sad, for certain. But I think if I had a life partner pass away after a lifetime together I would not want to go on.

It happens often that when one partner goes, I think the other has no reason to hang in there any longer.

It's not unusual for long-married partners (even bonded animals) to check out within days or hours of each other. They both lived long and privileged lives; I see no reason to feel sorry if he should check out.

I think I would be very blessed and happy to pass quickly under those circumstances.

Given his health and long life I agree with Tybee.

I agree too. But until then, I'm sure his heart is broken.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Though I did not care for the Senior Mr. Bush as President (I always wanted to ask him if guaranteed access to health care for all US Citizens was one of the thousand points of light he saw in his infamous speech) I do feel sorry for him and his recent loss. It can't be easy for him to deal with this but I understand that the day after Barbara's burial he was in the hospital with some kind of infection and was said to be eager to leave the hospital and continue on with life. Wishing him the best (though I do remain politically opposed to him) - Rob

Jane, I wasn't feeling sorry if he should die. I just was thinking about his missing Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Jane, I wasn't feeling sorry if he should die. I just was thinking about his missing Barbara.
    Doesn't he profess Christianity? So he should be comforted knowing they'll be together soon. (So he can kick her ass one last time. Which will make no sense to you if you haven't seen the infamous video.)

Thread Information