Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor George H.W. Bush

Bush 41 is out of intensive care, and it looks like he will remain in hospital for some time. At the present time he is expressing gratitude.
    Last edited by dado potato; 4-25-18 at 8:52pm.

Yppej
    Jane, speaking of ass he was grabbing other womens' from his wheelchair. Where is the MeToo outrage? It was not a medical tremor. A spokesperson confirmed it was deliberate.

And I will never forget Barbara Bush saying it wasn't bad for Katrina evacuees to be living in shelters because they were underprivileged anyways. I am getting tired of the uncritical adulation of this family by the media. Oh, they were into "public service". Puhlease. Their idea of public service was serving their upper class interests. They're no (also rich) Kennedys.

Who knew we had so many Randa Jarrar fan club members on this site?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Jane, speaking of ass he was grabbing other womens' from his wheelchair. Where is the MeToo outrage? It was not a medical tremor. A spokesperson confirmed it was deliberate.

And I will never forget Barbara Bush saying it wasn't bad for Katrina evacuees to be living in shelters because they were underprivileged anyways. I am getting tired of the uncritical adulation of this family by the media. Oh, they were into "public service". Puhlease. Their idea of public service was serving their upper class interests. They're no (also rich) Kennedys.
    I think the whole reason for this post was to show empathy for a person who lost a spouse after being married so many years. IMO you are reading too much into this. Also, Bush has Parkinson's.... I did not see the incident about ass grabbing but imagine his mind is not "all there".... dementia, etc.

Yppej
    His spokesperson said he thought the groping was "good natured". The victims thought otherwise. And the newscasters go on and on about this great marriage despite numerous reports of him cheating on Barbara over the years. I wonder what pablum they will come up with when one of the Clintons goes. Longevity does not automatically make a marriage great.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I think the whole reason for this post was to show empathy for a person who lost a spouse after being married so many years. IMO you are reading too much into this. Also, Bush has Parkinson's.... I did not see the incident about ass grabbing but imagine his mind is not "all there".... dementia, etc.
    Yep....exactly!

His spokesperson said he thought the groping was "good natured". The victims thought otherwise. And the newscasters go on and on about this great marriage despite numerous reports of him cheating on Barbara over the years. I wonder what pablum they will come up with when one of the Clintons goes. Longevity does not automatically make a marriage great.
    What the hell is 'good-natured groping?" Unless it's among friends, and welcome, it's assault where I come from. It's possible Bush is suffering from dementia now, which could provide an excuse.

Yppej
    Well Bush got away with it but at least Cosby got convicted. I wonder if this will come up on the white privilege thread.

Well Bush got away with it but at least Cosby got convicted. I wonder if this will come up on the white privilege thread.
    You are not really equating the two men’s transgressions with women, are you? Cosby drugged and raped many women. Bush—didnt.

Yppej
    Both sexual predation but different degrees. A better comparison is Bush and Al Franken.

Has the Me Too movement resulted in any other successful prosecutions besides Cosby? It seems like Weinstein, Wynn, Lauer et al lost their jobs but aren't headed to jail.

Thread Information