Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Debit card without bank account

Dude, sup just texted and asked if the family still needed help. I am running the full day camp so I sent back the parent contact information immediately and said YES!! He called and actually said there is a way to do paper in a few cases !!!! Of course now the deadline is at 4 and the parent was here 2 days ago to do registration and my sup could not help over the phone, but it is getting taken care of with a good attitude now.

I think sometimes his thought processes just need at least 48 hours to remember sh**

Hi, I live in Canada and it costs about $7.00 to buy a money order, so for a person with not much money that's out of the realm of sensibility. I may be missing something, but why would a person not have a bank account? We have several no fee account options here.

Quote Originally Posted by funkynassau View Post
    Hi, I live in Canada and it costs about $7.00 to buy a money order, so for a person with not much money that's out of the realm of sensibility. I may be missing something, but why would a person not have a bank account? We have several no fee account options here.
    Criminal misuse of banking priveleges will get you no banking priveleges in the futures, as one reason why.

Cultural values that distrust The Man’s system is another reason.

Are there really that many no fee options? There are no fee with a balance. Do you imagine keeping $1000 or more in an account is easy if you are poor? There is no fees with regular direct deposits, even with a regular paycheck, a lot of the types of places poor people might be working for (say a really small business) might not have direct deposit it seems to me. Then there is online banking, but that's a whole other thing and inconvenience.
    Trees don't grow on money

Money orders here from Walmart are less than $1

Thread Information