Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I feel horrible...........

I have a couple of seniors in my exercise classes that have had multiple joint replacements. A friend, over 60, is bionic with knees, hips and shoulder. One man is over 70 was an active tennis player. Had a knee replaced in the last year and the other a short while before. He is now back to pickle ball and cardio class. Doing all PT is necessary for complete recovery.

I had an arthritis attack in one knee quite a few years ago and it was so painful, I would have agreed to anything. Thankfully, it resolved itself and with exercise to strengthen the knee supports, I can do stairs again.

I do think having one joint (knee, in your case) throws your whole body off.
    I'm also against replacement surgery (for myself.) My dad had two hips and a knee replacement and never got any pain relief - but he did get a (literal) killer case of osteomyelitis.

Exercise can really help, even with bone on bone arthritis.

As for P.T., plenty of people do P.T. for years - I have been doing various forms for 3 years. Not a big deal.

It's not like there's a magic bullet for this stuff, and really, it's a moving target. You get one thing in alignment, then figure out what's next. You try trekking poles and canes, maybe find a brace that works for you. You work on diet and supplements. Work on the sleep issues - New bed? Melatonin? Meditation?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
    I always kind of chuckle about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I do think having one joint (knee, in your case) throws your whole body off.
    I'm also against replacement surgery (for myself.) My dad had two hips and a knee replacement and never got any pain relief - but he did get a (literal) killer case of osteomyelitis.

Exercise can really help, even with bone on bone arthritis.

As for P.T., plenty of people do P.T. for years - I have been doing various forms for 3 years. Not a big deal.

It's not like there's a magic bullet for this stuff, and really, it's a moving target. You get one thing in alignment, then figure out what's next. You try trekking poles and canes, maybe find a brace that works for you. You work on diet and supplements. Work on the sleep issues - New bed? Melatonin? Meditation?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
    I always kind of chuckle about that one.
    Haha Gardenarian........what doesn't kill you, will eventually get you.

I was doing PT for awhile, and do believe it can help. But different parts of my legs started hurting and seemed to hurt worse with my exercises I was doing.......so I stopped. Recently, I started using my "peddler" again, and it does seem to help grease up my knee joints.

I have to admit......I'm running out of energy to do all that I need to do to get through a day.......exercises, creams, pills, ace bandages, shoe orthotics, cpap, TMJ appliance, etc., etc.

I wish the ortho doc who did my meniscus (or rather, removed much of it), would have told me to try P.T. first. I really think I could have avoided it............but he wouldn't have made money from that.

Have you tried CBD oil? It works great on my old big dog with joint pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Have you tried CBD oil? It works great on my old big dog with joint pain.
    CBD doesn't seem to affect me, but I have friends for whom it works well. I had a tablespoon of hemp oil this morning; we'll see.

Alas, CBD doesn't seem to be helping me. Isn't hurting either so I'm going to continue. Dosing sometimes is hard to figure out and more isn't necessarily better. I do a bit better with a little THC push.

Dammit. For a little while I thought I'd found a reason for some of my symptoms. The neuro doc's nurse called and said my B12 was normal, my Folate was normal, but my Methylmalonic acid was high (which means vitamin B12 deficiency in spite of a normal B12 level). she said the doc said to take B12 supplements.
    Well, I noticed that the number that I'd written down for the MMA test was actually low and thought I'd left a number off of the level. I called her back and she said it was her mistake saying it was high and it WAS low, but it still meant I was deficient.
    Well after talking to DH and my researching it, she was wrong. It means my numbers are great. Geez. Can't people do their jobs right? I know it's no big deal to have too much B12 if I'd taken supplements, but it's the fact that it was incorrect information. And my hopes were dashed a little again.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Alas, CBD doesn't seem to be helping me. Isn't hurting either so I'm going to continue. Dosing sometimes is hard to figure out and more isn't necessarily better. I do a bit better with a little THC push.
    Yes--with all the strains, distributors, and percentages of CBD and THC out there, it's hard to find just the right dose. I made some tea once that magically erased all my geezer pains, but I have no idea what strain it was. The quest continues.

CathyA, I’m so sorry to read about your bad place. I have nothing as bad as you, but I still have times when it’s one migraine too many, one bout of IBS too many, one night with barely any sleep too many, one flare of CFS too many. And sometimes they all hit me at once. Like you, I’ve been depressed all my life and survived an abudive childhood. And I fully get that hope/disappointment/despair cycle.

I’m now exploring the histamine connection. According to my Promethease read-out, I have two genes associated with low DAO activity. All my ailments seem to be correlated with histamine sensitivity. I figure a low-histamine diet for two weeks can’t hurt at all and might just do some good.

I really want to send you my support.

Suzanne.......thanks for your support! When I was younger with some of these ailments, I knew what to do and what would make me feel better. But now, I seem to have no control over anything.
    Maybe I should get a DNA test?? DS is getting married this weekend. It was supposed to be simple, but has gotten very complicated. And the weather is supposed to be 90 with a chance of storms.....and it's mostly outside. I got another upper respiratory thing and feel even more like poop. I'm not a social person, so the stress of being at the wedding is overwhelming to me. So I'm wondering if that's making my body have more pain? It's not easy being me....But it's all I got, right?

I'm sorry that you struggle too. There's so many wonderful things out there to do and experience........I just wish the both of us could feel good to experience them! Thanks so much for your kind reply, and let me know if your low-histamine diet helps.

Thread Information