Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel horrible...........

I feel horrible...........

Life's always been a challenge for me. I've had depression since I was born, then had a bad family experience. I've always had lots of aches and pains. Most tests were always normal.
    I have fibromyalgia, bad osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, IBS, peripheral neuropathy, etc., etc., etc. But I always kept busy and loved doing things.

In November, I woke up one day and everything was tons worse, along with much worse peripheral neuropathy. Up until recently I've really liked my internal medicine doc, but lately, I feel he has me pegged as "just" fibromyalgia and that's all it is. DH orders and runs tests for me, and they are always normal. The doctor intimated that they were unnecessary and he wouldn't have run them.

I eat fairly healthily. I can't do much walking because of my legs (bad knees), but I still try to get things done.

I saw a new neuro doc and he's running some vitamin levels.......but no other tests.

I feel so damn sick every day. I try to power through, but I feel like I'm dying. This week, DH ran tons of tests.........all pretty much normal. I was disappointed. He said it's a GOOD thing! .....but I want to feel better again and was hoping something was wrong that could be fixed.

I'm looking for a psychologist to see, but how do you guess which one is best? Seems like many of the reviews online, half the people say "this person is awesome", and the other half say "This guy should be put in prison." I guess I just have to take chances, but I'm so sick of feeling sick, I don't have much patience.

I've really lost confidence in most doctors. I'm open to the possibility of having some somatization disorder, but I just can't believe that.......when there's so many things I love doing, but am in too much pain to do them. And I just feel SICK.

Maybe for many years I didn't have the bad fibromyalgia I thought I had, but have it now?

Has anyone else noticed that it takes forever to get into a doctor now?

Anyhow......thanks for listening. Yes, I'm very depressed, but I really think it's from the pain. I have really dragged my feet on going on another SSRI-type drug. I feel physically ill and it pisses me off when docs don't make sure it isn't anything else, before they want you on a mind-altering drug that can be hell to get used to, and worse hell to ever come off of.

Anyone else have fibromyalgia? And I have heard how bad osteoarthritis can be........but this feeling of sickness seems like something else. It seems overwhelming to me to even do my gardening this year, which isn't like me.

I'm really bummed.

Depression and hypothyroidism can cause real pain, I've read.

What does it take in a situation like yours to go to an advanced team of diagnosticians? Do people still go to the Mayo clinic for this kind of thing?

Decades ago my sister-in-law ended up at a Mayo clinic diagnostic center where they found she has sarcoidosis. The local docs had not identified that.

Isnt it likely, though, that you have multiple ailments, its not just one thing?
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-26-18 at 8:10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What does it take in a situation like yours to go to an advance team of diagnosticians? Do people still go to the Mayo clinic for this kind of thing?

Decades ago my sister-in-law ended up at a Mayo clinic diagnostic center where they found she has sarcoidosis. The local docs had not identified that.

Isnt it likely, though, that you have multiple ailments, its not just one thing?
    Cathy, I second the idea of going to Mayo for a workup. I knew someone who went to the one in Jacksonville--we lived in SC. He ended up needing a lung transplant.

In the meantime, I would start looking at alternative medicine as well. I have had good luck with acupuncture and with taking st johns wort and valerian for pain and asthma. I have also found help with pain by taking hemp capsules.

I think both of these avenues-- Mayo and alternative medicines, might be good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Life's always been a challenge for me. I've had depression since I was born, then had a bad family experience. I've always had lots of aches and pains. Most tests were always normal.
    I have fibromyalgia, bad osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, IBS, peripheral neuropathy, etc., etc., etc. But I always kept busy and loved doing things.

In November, I woke up one day and everything was tons worse, along with much worse peripheral neuropathy. Up until recently I've really liked my internal medicine doc, but lately, I feel he has me pegged as "just" fibromyalgia and that's all it is. DH orders and runs tests for me, and they are always normal. The doctor intimated that they were unnecessary and he wouldn't have run them.

I eat fairly healthily. I can't do much walking because of my legs (bad knees), but I still try to get things done.

I saw a new neuro doc and he's running some vitamin levels.......but no other tests.

I feel so damn sick every day. I try to power through, but I feel like I'm dying. This week, DH ran tons of tests.........all pretty much normal. I was disappointed. He said it's a GOOD thing! .....but I want to feel better again and was hoping something was wrong that could be fixed.

I'm looking for a psychologist to see, but how do you guess which one is best? Seems like many of the reviews online, half the people say "this person is awesome", and the other half say "This guy should be put in prison." I guess I just have to take chances, but I'm so sick of feeling sick, I don't have much patience.

I've really lost confidence in most doctors. I'm open to the possibility of having some somatization disorder, but I just can't believe that.......when there's so many things I love doing, but am in too much pain to do them. And I just feel SICK.

Maybe for many years I didn't have the bad fibromyalgia I thought I had, but have it now?

Has anyone else noticed that it takes forever to get into a doctor now?

Anyhow......thanks for listening. Yes, I'm very depressed, but I really think it's from the pain. I have really dragged my feet on going on another SSRI-type drug. I feel physically ill and it pisses me off when docs don't make sure it isn't anything else, before they want you on a mind-altering drug that can be hell to get used to, and worse hell to ever come off of.

Anyone else have fibromyalgia? And I have heard how bad osteoarthritis can be........but this feeling of sickness seems like something else. It seems overwhelming to me to even do my gardening this year, which isn't like me.

I'm really bummed.
    I am so incredibly sorry to hear you are going through this. As I have a long term chronic illness, I am sympathize and empathize.

Have you tried medical marijuana?

I am so sorry for your troubles Cathy. Is your DH a physician, since you mention he had run tests for you? If so, wouldn't he be able to connect you with appropriate caregivers?

Yppej
    My mother's issues were not diagnosed by local hospitals. She had to go to a university research and teaching hospital. Where are you going currently?

I am so sorry Cathy. Not much to add but hope it straightens out!

My peanut cactus is blooming today, so I can send you a fresh cyber bouquet. Wishing you ease and comfort.

There are a few fibromyalgia support groups online, for instance the one I am linking to has 3,100 members.
    http://www.dailystrength.org/group/fibromyalgia

000_0230 (2).jpg

000_0228 (2).jpg

Have you looked into side effects from any pharmaceuticals you may be on?

A friend of mine was prescribed a statin, developed muscle pain (no surprise there), and was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica (a wastebasket diagnosis if there ever was one) so they added a year of prednisone to the mix, when they should have just stopped the statin. Nancy Reagan had the right idea.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 4-27-18 at 10:00am.

Thread Information