Thread: Help please........new iphone lost internet

Help please........new iphone lost internet

Hi again. In my other note I said I had gotten a new iPhone 8 plus yesterday. I used it alot yesterday. But this morning, it has no internet connection. I can't get anything on it. I fully charged it last night. We intermittently have problems with ATT losing their signal. We've been told they occasionally shut down a cell tower to repair or test things. But our back-up phone (wireless) still works, as does this computer.

Might I have selected/deselected something on my phone that won't let it receive a signal?

We have our own wi-fi device and it appears to be working properly. Okay.........when I allow my phone to be connected to our wi-fi, it works, but that isn't how it should be. With my previous phone, and DH's phone, our wifi doesn't need to be on to receive a signal.

Anyone out there who can help a tech-challenged person?

Thanks for your help!

Bring up the control panel by swiping up from the bottom. Is WiFi off or airplane mode on?

LOL Tradd..........you're my hero!! haha I turned on the one with the cell tower symbol, and voila! I don't know how that even got turned off.
    Hopefully, it will stay on now. I don't think I'm start enough for a smart phone.

Thanks a million Tradd!

Glad to hear! It’s easy enough to accidentally turn something off with that panel.

You had an iPhone before so there shouldn’t be too much of a change! It’s just bigger and newer!

Thread Information