Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching the migrant caravan?

Just read that international law requires us to take some of the migrants. Last night they let 8 women and children in. Even people with green cards get kicked out if they commit crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    True. Going back a little earlier it was all about killing off all the inconvenient natives. Or at least forcing them all to live on crappy land in arid parts of the country where they couldn't eeek out a living.
    My Hopi friends think much the same of my Navajo friends...

There was a noisy “Day Without a Latino” demo outside my building yesterday. They had a problem with our Sheriff cooperating with the feds. I don’t imagine the powers that be were converted to the Mario Cuomo camp.
    Last edited by LDAHL; 5-2-18 at 9:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    There was a noisy “Day Without a Latino” demo outside my building yesterday. They had a problem with our Sheriff cooperating with the feds. I don’t imagine the powers that be were converted to the Mario Cuomo camp.
    There was a trump rally outside your building?

Our Republican governor has refused to send National Guard troops to the border

I'm just curious to ask those of you who want everyone in who comes to our border......where do you think this will lead, in terms of population growth, education, poverty, over-crowding, resources, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    There was a trump rally outside your building?
    No. He books the Expo Center when he’s in town. I don’t think he’d have much problem with deporting undocumented Democrats.

All countries need to do their fair share of taking immigrants. Europe certainly has done this. They get jobs and support themselves. Many end up as business owners. They often do jobs Americans won't do. Their kids go to college and have better lives.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Our Republican governor has refused to send National Guard troops to the border
    Too Cool!!! Thank You for giving me a much needed dose of hope, TT. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    All countries need to do their fair share of taking immigrants. Europe certainly has done this. They get jobs and support themselves. Many end up as business owners. They often do jobs Americans won't do. Their kids go to college and have better lives.
    I could not agree with you more. I can attest to this living in a very much recent immigrant/longer term immigrant neighborhood in a border state - most immigrants want very much to assimilate economically and wish to work or find some kind of self employment situation with which to be self supportive. You will find a few scattered folks in the 85006 who don't want to work and have their hand out for anything they can get but the vast majority will work icky jobs that Americans generally won't do or will find a way to become self employed or will work in the trades to make a living.

The stereotype Conservatives have of the 85006 (and many many many similar neighborhoods throughout the US, I'm not trying to make the 85006 special here) generally does not hold under the cold blooded light of close inspection. Just sayin'. Rob

Thread Information