Thread: found home for bible

found home for bible

I found my bible in my stuff, it has my name embossed and a lot of stickers from memorizing verses as a kid. I really don't care about it, but I feel weird just tossing it. So my mom is going to take it. She has lots of space and I think it means more to her than to me. Besides if I ever really want it back I can get it.

So, your just postponing the problem (when your mom passes, dealing with a religious text from a system you don't follow)?

It is meaningful to her and I thought it might affect her if I just threw it away. I just called and asked how she would feel if I found it a new home and she offered to take it. She hasn't wanted to take anything else as I have downsized over many years,

I have no idea what we are going to do when she and my dad pass. My grandmother just died at 95. I guess I didn't see it as passing on a problem when she offered to take one book. I was more concerned that if she ever asked about it and I said it was in a landfill it would be upsetting.

Thread Information