Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you go to a single bed

Would you go to a single bed

I have a roommate situation! Really happy about it. We are both in transition so maybe just for 5 months and the re evaluate. I saw free twin mattress and box sprin, the room is small and i am a small person. I would put my bed frame in storage and the mattress needs to be replaced so just let that go,,

Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I have a roommate situation! Really happy about it. We are both in transition so maybe just for 5 months and the re evaluate. I saw free twin mattress and box sprin, the room is small and i am a small person. I would put my bed frame in storage and the mattress needs to be replaced so just let that go,,

Hmmmmm
    Yes, that is doable. Sounds like a flexible choice that is consistent with your new flexible living options.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-29-18 at 7:07pm.

The first I would downsize if I were single would be my bed.

Due to bed bug risk, I would not take a bed/mattress/box spring unless it was from someone I knew well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Due to bed bug risk, I would not take a bed/mattress/box spring unless it was from someone I knew well.
    That was my thought too. A single bed is so much easier to move so I think that's a good choice if you know your going to be moving again. Maybe check and see how much a delivered mattress is from several sources..amazon, bed in a box, local mattress place. Heck, I'd even consider a higher end air mattress. My husband slept on one for over a year when his back was at its worst. He found it more comfy than our new bed.

I'd do it temporarily, as it makes moving about so much easier. Those foam tri-fold mattresses are quite comfy, and cheap too.

I would have no problem with a single bed. In fact, I think the "upsizing" of mattresses to be another funny phenomenon in the culture. I remember asking one of my new project managers to go to Sweden with me for a project, and she was aghast because her hotel room had a single bed, which was totally unacceptable to her. What's the big deal? How much real estate do you need in a sleeping state? I understand if you're single and actively inviting "company" over from time to time, but from just a comfort perspective, I'm equally comfortable in a single, full, or queen.

My kids had to tell me that "nobody sleeps in a twin bed, Mom." Even my 4-year old grandson has a queen bed.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Totally forgot about the bug issue, but the other mattress options even a futon sound good, hmmm

I can go and revive some of my old ways of living, but maybe not resurrect the lentil spaghetti recipe from those total veggie days

I’ve been sleeping for the past month on a $40 (came with pump) 8” high Coleman twin air mattress from Target. My big wood antique spindle bed I was given 13 years ago is falling apart. Mattress is horrid to sleep on now. I can’t find anyone from the mattress stores who will take the whole thing away. They will only take the mattress/box spring. So I need to find friends who could get rid of my bed.

Anyway, air mattress is on the floor in a corner of bedroom. Actually very comfy!

I've always had a double bed, which is ironic because I'm not a co-sleeper, and never have been. The next bed i get will be a twin but that means I'll need to invest in new sheets. It will be worth it if it means I can make the bed more easily.

Thread Information