Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't like this new set-up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't like this new set-up

It's frustrating to me. Some of my new posts don't come up as new; some of the posts that are new by others aren't even in the bottom section. Some posts I have to go to the specific forum to even see.
    What's up? Is there a system to it that I'm just got getting?

Nothing has changed for me, so I don't have any idea on the problems you are seeing.

Hmmm....I hadn't considered that it was just me. It has a New Post section at the top (when you click on New Posts), but then it has a space and a title saying "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." And some of those aren't even the most recent posts.
    Anyone else have this format that I have?

This is what I have as well. I like it as the posts I chose not to open on an earlier visit are brought to my attention. The new posts are those submitted since my earlier visit. It makes perfect sense to me. I often come for a very quick look over and then come back when I have more time for a thoughtful reading and response.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Hmmm....I hadn't considered that it was just me. It has a New Post section at the top (when you click on New Posts), but then it has a space and a title saying "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." And some of those aren't even the most recent posts.
    Anyone else have this format that I have?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yes I do.

Hmmm, I see a "What's New" button, and when I click that I see what I've always seen, a reverse chronological listing of all the recent posts.

Hmmm, I see a "What's New" button, and when I click that I see what I've always seen, a reverse chronological listing of all the recent posts. If I click on new posts, in the banner below, I do see what you see. If you want to see recent posts, why not just click on the "what's new" button?

Cathy, I agree with you. With the old way, if you posted on a thread, it showed up as a new post, but now it doesn't. And I never got the long list of posts I hadn't read like I do now. It's a little cumbersome, IMHO. There are some threads I'm not interested in (sorry!) but I have to read all the new posts if I want to clear the list.

Interesting that Cathy and I are the only ones who are experiencing this.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    And I never got the long list of posts I hadn't read like I do now. It's a little cumbersome, IMHO. There are some threads I'm not interested in (sorry!) but I have to read all the new posts if I want to clear the list.

Interesting that Cathy and I are the only ones who are experiencing this.
    You're not the only ones - I have it that way too. I've even tried to "fake it" on some of the older threads by opening them and closing them, and they don't go away.

I'm not a fan of the new set up. I don't read many of the posts. If I'm following a post I responded to it seems to disappear.

Thread Information