Thread: Give it 100 (or 20 or 30) Challenge - May 2018

Give it 100 (or 20 or 30) Challenge - May 2018

In August 2017, a few of us were inspired by the video at the link below. It's the story of a woman who went to the gym 100 times to try to get herself out of a rut. I saw it when George Takei posted it on Facebook along with the question, "What would you like to do 100 times?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Her video was part of a larger movement online called "Give it 100" which, as far as I can tell, is now defunct.

I decided what I wanted to do 100 times was work on my fiction writing at least 30 minutes a day. The times do NOT need to be consecutive. Since I knew I would miss a lot of days here and there, I was aiming to complete my 100 days by January 15, but I actually ended up doing 110 times and finished them in mid-March. Now I'm working on another 100. I completed #6 today!

Others have worked on other things - nswef completed 100 times of 6,000 steps a day and is also doing some writing. Chicken Lady got 30 days in her studio in November and has also counted swimming and other things.

Anyway, if anybody else wants to join in for 20, 30, 100 or however many times of something, please do!
    Last edited by ejchase; 5-2-18 at 8:49am.

I'm posting a success! Every single day this month I've had 6000 steps or more...even forced a 4000 day into a 6000 day by walking in the house during ads. The writing also is coming along. Working on lots of yard things right now, but keeping up with the writing and presentable house.....

Wow, nswef, congratulations! That's great! I was doing a little over 6,000 steps a day when my dad was visiting recently (he's on a walking regimen), and I noticed I was sleeping so much better when I was walking during the day. Do you find the same?

Congrats on the writing and presentable house too.

I'm stalled at five days of writing - extremely busy at work and then had a bad case of food poisoning this week. Sigh. But I will get back to it eventually.

You inspire me!

Still inching along here on my new 100 days of writing. Completed Day 15 today.

Thread Information