Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Cookin' ?

What's Cookin' ?

I had plenty of energy after work Monday which is unusual. Hubby loves curry and I do not. Sooooo.......

I made a chicken curry for him and Teriyaki chicken for me. Cooked up 3c of rice. We have 4 meals each: 2 dinners and 2 lunches.

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/bl...icken-stir-fry

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/chicken-curry/

I threw lots of veggies in each. Curry got onion, green beans from the freezer (from last year's harvest), celery, red peppers. Teriyaki got celery, red pepper, broccoli, onion.

Yummy for the tummy.

Nice! I have some 'tover pan-fried trout and sauteed squash for lunch packed today.

I have a feeling your husband and I would enjoy the same meals; I love any flavor or nationality of curry.

I tried a new recipe for vegan lasagna last night. It uses blended raw cashews in place of ricotta cheese. One ofthe better vegan lasagna recipes I've had. The blended cashews were interesting and worked well. https://simple-veganista.com/2015/09...e-lasagna.html

Not much cooking here this week; we have guests from out of town who are -- umm, not good at scheduling anything -- so plans have been up in the air. We finished off a roast chicken yesterday and there still is some shrimp and asparagus stirfry we can have for dinner tonight. I need to think of something to make for tomorrow's dinner when Guest is here. But that's tomorrow. lol
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    So far today I have had a salad, Triple Zero yogurt, seaweed, an avocado, dark chocolate, a few spoonfuls of pesto, coffee (one cup with unsweetened almond milk and one cup with half and half) and lots of water. It hit the 90's and I had no desire to cook.

A pressure-cooked artichoke, cottage cheese with chives and tomatoes, a tricked out iced coffee with cashew milk and cream.

Hubby is out of town, so I'm temporarily single. This means I indulge my food choices that he's less inclined to like. Today was a spinach omelette with salsa for breakfast, greek salad heavy on olives and red onion, some crab and shrimp leftovers, rotisserie chicken and butternut squash.

Oh, and a blood orange - why he doesn't like those, I'll never know!

I sometimes feel like I eat disconnected ingredients like the foods you've listed, yppej.

Yppej
    I finished yesterday with one potato topped by two eggs and some feta cheese.

Today I am packing eggplant sauteed in garlic and tamari, an organic tomato topped with fresh chives from the garden, Triple Zero yogurt, avocado, a half dozen sugarfree bread and butter pickle slices, unsweetened shredded coconut which I eat by the spoonful, and a bottle of unsweetened black tea which I aim to substitute for my second cup of coffee.

I am so impressed and enjoy reading about the variety of dishes that are mentioned on any food thread here.

My diet is so predictable. Breakfast is oatmeal with fruit and 3/4 C homemade yogurt; lunch is a simple protein with veggies and a starch (sometimes raw salads and other times cooked-soup, stew) and a fruit; supper is a protein, veggies (raw or cooked stir fry) and fruit with weak tea and milk or filtered tap water to drink throughout the day.

Occasionally, I will buy special bacon from a local butcher that is so amazing that I will allow myself only 6 slices and I savour them in a bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich or bacon and eggs. I do sprinkle on flavourings like hoisin sauce, curry powder, horseradish, BBQ sauces etc but cooking is so simple.

It is fun to read about different ways of preparing meals.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information