Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Cookin' ?

This vegan sushi bowl recipe is a favorite. For the seaweed, I just use the kind that comes in the snack packs and cut it into slivers. It's brown rice, tofu, avocado, scallions, seaweed, and toasted sesame seeds with a tamari/citrus dressing. Yum!

https://www.101cookbooks.com/archive...wl-recipe.html
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Tonight I made breakfast taters, sauteed orange bell peppers, onions, and garlic with a couple fried eggs. I sauteed some fresh sweetcorn too, on the side. I had black beans, guacamole, diced onions and tomatoes on the side too. I topped it off with some salsa.

While this involves no cooking, and I have possibly mentioned this before, a favorite meal of mine is a big ol' honeycrisp apple and some peanut butter. While any natural peanut butter will work, I prefer either Smuckers or that Costco kind made with the Valencias.

The Smuckers peanut butter is good because Smuckers seems to roast the holy hell out of them peanuts!

Valencias are what make the Costco kind unique and delicious.

I like to just spread the PB directly on the apple. But if I need to look civilized I will slice the apple and then put a big spoonful of PB on the side of the plate.

Another easy meal I go for is a brown rice cake, some almond butter, and a rather ripe banana. Make it like a sandwich, either closed or open face.

Today was roasted chicken and fresh veggies from the farmers market. No cook as I had roasted earlier in the week. Dh needs his warm, I'm ok with cold chicken...

Ideally I would prep my weeks worth of meals and snacks once a week, but I've had issues with stuff not keeping fresh. With our farmers market, the lettuce and greens are organic and most items are sandy...do you wash it as needed or when arriving home? I don't have good luck either way.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    Dh needs his warm, I'm ok with cold chicken...
    I like cold chicken too! Sometimes I will dip cold chicken breast slices into old fashioned yellow mustard. Nothing fancy, but good.

I sauteed a lot of chard, little bit of onion and scrambledwith 3 eggs and whole wheat toast, pretty simple and tasty

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    do you wash it as needed or when arriving home?
    I wash when I get home, for two reasons: 1) it's done and I can use the produce whenever; and 2) sometimes produce arrives with not only sand but some -- umm hitchhikers -- and I don't want them roaming around the 'fridge. Washing right away solves that problem.

The issue may be in how dry things are stored. For example, after I wash mushrooms, I store them with a paper towel to regulate their moisture level. Too wet and they rot; too dry and they shrivel up.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

This morning was Oatmeal Buckwheat pancakes with bacon (turkey) cheese omelette.

Dinner? Well, we have 12 pounds of pork shoulder on the smoker. Question is, will it be done in an hour or do I need to pan cook the salmon that is thawed in the fridge? Either meat will be accompanied by Roasted Broccoli. Hmmmmmm, I getting hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    This morning was Oatmeal Buckwheat pancakes with bacon (turkey) cheese omelette.

Dinner? Well, we have 12 pounds of pork shoulder on the smoker. Question is, will it be done in an hour or do I need to pan cook the salmon that is thawed in the fridge? Either meat will be accompanied by Roasted Broccoli. Hmmmmmm, I getting hungry!
    Salmon!

Tonight I am boiling up some red lentil pasta. It is 100% lentils. We'll see if it is palatable...

Then I am going to watch Field of Dreams or Bull Durham, haven't decided yet.

Thread Information