Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Cookin' ?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Occasionally, I will buy special bacon from a local butcher that is so amazing...

MMMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmm bacon!

I also have some predictable meals. This is especially true of breakfast. Virtually every day I have kefir with fruit (bananas and/or berries) and walnuts. Though to be honest, it is the only meal that I eat that I actually consider to be good-tasting. So I try to really, really enjoy ever single bite, every second of chewing and tasting.

I usually eat a half a baked yam almost every day too. That is another predictable item.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    sugarfree bread and butter pickle slices
    Yppej, then what is used to sweeten those pickles?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Most of my meals these days are fairly predictable. Breakfast is almost always an egg or two, fried, and some sort of "breakfast meat" (bacon, sausage, etc.). Lunch, 95% of the time, is a green salad with some other protein on top. I can mix and match enough of the ingredients that it's not the exact same meal every day. Good thing because that would drive me crazy.

I do miss some variety in my diet by eating ketogenic. I could fix that, but that would take energy (and in some cases some rather expensive ingredients). I think I'm far better off in the long run by de-emphasizing the role food has had in my life.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Yppej, then what is used to sweeten those pickles?
    Sucralose. I generally avoid artificial sweeteners but I try to get fermented or marinated foods in my diet regularly - pickles, marinated mushrooms, stuffed olives, feta cheese that has been prepared in brine, yogurt. Supposedly these foods help good gut bacteria.Only the pickles are artificially sweetened.

Grocery was closing out all the Bob's Red Mill Heirloom beans so I bought some orca beans and am cooking up a pot now. Will try the Caribbean Salad on the package. Also bought all of the packages of French lentils they had in the cart as I like those for salads and soups.

Agreed, any curry is lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Sucralose. I generally avoid artificial sweeteners but I try to get fermented or marinated foods in my diet regularly - pickles, marinated mushrooms, stuffed olives, feta cheese that has been prepared in brine, yogurt. Supposedly these foods help good gut bacteria.Only the pickles are artificially sweetened.
    Thanks, Yppej. I'll have to look into that. I've never been a huge fan of b&b pickles but sometimes a little sweet bit is what a meal needs.

Yppej
    I finished today with broccoli al dente with tomato paste and feta cheese and later a small jar of marinated artichokes.

Green smoothie with hemp protein powder, blood orange, small side salad with black bean soup, more rotisserie chicken and corn souffle from Whole Paycheck. Someone keep me out of that store - I love it all!

And an apple.

Turkey soup! 2 chunks of broth, smoked turkey, green beans from the freezer and added some carrots and celery. Lunch today and for both of us tomorrow.

Thread Information