Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: May Purge

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Is this going to be your new username Iris Lilies?
    No, but it is my new motto!

Yppej
    I ditched my alarm clock and will use my cell phone a!arm and also got rid of two worn out garden hoses.

I completed the seasonal closet clean-out and clothing rotation and got rid of 2 coats, 1 skirt, 1 dress, 1 pr of shoes and a sweater. In the 3 years that I have been tracking, we've downsized our clothing collection by 125 items! The seasonal clean-out is now noticeably easier since closet and drawers are less stuffed. Feels good!

Yppej
    The last of the forsythia brush has been hauled away. It filled 13 barrels.

I purchased new smoke/carbon monoxide detectors and once they are installed the old ones will go.

Long-range plans include having the rusted out garbage disposal removed.

Entropy is the enemy!

Wondering if anyone else has local thrift stores with regular sales? Our local Goodwill stores have instituted Half-price Saturdays on every other Saturday. I can't tell if it's because they are just inundated with stuff or just want to generate more cash or what, but the sale days are very popular. People are lined up outside the store before it opens at 10 am. I think some shoppers are searching for items to buy and flip on Craigslist - it's a new side gig for them.

We need a new shed and before the winter. Started looking at what was actually stored in the old shed yesterday (dh's domain - not mine, but guess who gets to clean it out???? sigh.) THREE weed trimmers!!! One gas, one rechargable(recharger broke) and the new electric one. Kept the new electric and put the two others on our front "magic sidewalk". Also found 5 razor-type scooters. Ds kept one and the others also went onto the sidewalk. Large water thermos - sidewalk. Old t-ball stand - sidewalk. Three shredded and worn tarps - garbage. Box for one of the trimmers - recycle.

The prize of this round of clean-outs was 18 bottles of beer! Apparently ds *put* them there during Senior week a little over a year ago. Still good - in the fridge. LOL,

I'm very happy to say that all the items designated to the magic sidewalk were gone by 8pm last night.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That is a lot of brush, Yppej! Did you remove all the forsythia, or just prune it?
    Lainey: Our local SA has sales on holidays. Savers does a seniors discount every Tues. I've seen sales at some of the smaller ones, but don't know the pattern/frequency.
    Happystuff: I cleaned our shed a few weeks ago and got rid of an old tiller by putting it out front with a free sign. One woman's trash. . .

I'm impressed with your shed clean out and the way your magic sidewalk works happystuff! Does this mean a new shed will replace this old one or since you cleared out this one you won't need to buy a new one? We've got to get our studio cleaned out. I'd like to actually park my car in it!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

We don't have a garage, so we will need a new shed. The motivation for cleaning the shed is the fact that the current one has a huge rotted hole in the back. We are up against a thing strip of woods and a stream at the back of our property and the shed is right on the edge. I'm hoping to get a smaller shed and maybe relocate it somewhere else on the property lot. We'll see. Need to get it cleaned out first.

As for the magic sidewalk... we love it! The longest anything has ever sat on the sidewalk before being picked up was two days. Most items are gone by the end of the day.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    RR it was one of the five forsythia bushes I have.

A few years ago I tore down my rotting shed and now I keep everything that was there in the basement. Since I had nothing gas powered this works for me and city code.

Thread Information