Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite non NSAID and non tylenol pain pill/cream to take?

Simplemind.........p.s....would you mind telling me what brand of the spray you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Magnesium citrate is going to cause bowel issues. There are many different types of magnesium and I take different combos (taurate/glycinate/malate sometimes citrate) orally. What I find best before bed is magnesium chloride spray. I get mine on Amazon and spray it on my feet and legs before bed. Malate is good for fibromyalgia. If you google types of magnesium it will give you a rundown of what type is good for different issues. Many people use CALM and I'm one of them but for me the spray is ahead of the pack for muscle aches, pains and tension.
    When I travel I also take magnesium gel to put on the bottom of my feet. Will look for the spray and see if it comes in a small enough container.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    herbal lodge Minagin. Worked on my back spasms.
    Says not to use if you are sensitive to aspirin...

CathyA I'm super frugal and I buy what ever is the cheapest. I think the last one I bought was by Artnaturals. You can also make it cheaply by buying the chloride flakes and mixing with distilled water. You can google the recipe but I think its 50/50. I bought a small 3oz spray bottle that I fill with mag spray for traveling. Spraying magnesium on your skin is the quickest way to get it into your system. It is my favorite way to take magnesium even though I will take other forms during the day, spray is great for bedtime. BTW, it may sting when you first start using it and you can wash it off in about 20 minutes. Keep it away from any broken skin.

I've tried the Voltaren gel and it didn't work for me.

For pulled muscles and strains I use Ibuprofen, 3 pills every 4-6 hours. It doesn't bother my stomach but it makes my tinnitus worse.

I use Tylenol for headaches, but I rarely get them. It isn't effective for muscle pain, for me.

A hot bath with 2 cups of epsom salts works well, but I don't find the relief lasts very long.

I hate ice packs but they can be helpful.

Have you tried near infrared light therapy? I have had some success, but I need to use the light a lot longer than recommended - an hour vs 20 minutes. I got a discount light unit from the manufacturer, who lives in my town, but the prices are going down. It's small; some therapists do have full body light beds.

Thread Information