Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another iPhone question please...

Another iPhone question please...

I can’t seem to get any sound or banner when I get emails. I’ve gone to settings and notifications and then sound and have chosen all the possible sounds and banners for mail, but I still don’t get any sound or banner. I have an iPhone 8 Plus. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You are using Apple's Mail app? (I ask because I don't, so mail routed to that app is a dead end for me.)

How long has it been since you restarted the phone? That's often a fix for weirdnesses like this.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hi Steve. Sometimes I don't think of the simplest things! I restarted the phone and now it works. Thanks!!

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Apparently that meme that pops up from time to time of help desk people always asking "did you reboot?" has reality to support the reason it's such common advice. I actually got that advice yesterday regarding screen resolution and sure enough it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Apparently that meme that pops up from time to time of help desk people always asking "did you reboot?" has reality to support the reason it's such common advice.
    As someone who has performed tech support for decades (both paid and non-paid), I have to say it's not satisfying to be in the dark as to why something didn't work and how a reboot (starting over) fixes it. But, yes, it works so well in cleaning up cruft and programming or memory errors that rebooting is part of the tech support canon.

I wish I could figure out how to reboot my mind on a regular basis.

It's not just computers which benefit from a reboot. Yesterday I had a gate opener go crazy, opening & closing at will, safety sensors not working. Technician arrived this morning and guess what he did? Reboot! Now everything's fine.

Next time I'll save the cost of a service call.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I have a car and started it up fast. Electronics went crazy. No power anything. Could brake but stuck in the parking garage blocking traffic. Stopped and thought about it and turned car off and on. Problem solved. Guess it is a computer like anything else.

Remove the card. Replace. Clean the contacts. Reboot. If that doesn't work, it's a broken wire.

Thread Information