Thread: No more Porsche

No more Porsche

I am no longer a Porsche owner. I’ve owned at least one for the last 15 or so years. I’ve owned 5 911’s and one Boxster.

I am now driving a new, bright red, Jeep 4 door wrangler. The grandkids moved down so I need a beach buggy. And I also wanted something to throw my golf clubs and stuff in. Also the wife doesn’t like me driving her new BMW.

Even with my golfing buddy owning the dealership I still don’t like buying new cars. Trying to decide what I want is always hard. I drove several and they were unloading some as I got back. So I waited to make sure none of the new arrivals were one I would regret not buying.

Funny, I have been eyeing red jeeps lately, convertibles. But never Porches, dont really like them. I have yet to see a Porsche I think is truly stylish. Sorry! And my neighbor around the corner has a collection of vintage Porches, so I see a range of marquees often.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-5-18 at 5:33pm.

I'm cleaning up my bought-new 2003 911C4S to sell sometime this summer as well.

Great car, always been very reliable. I just am at present suffering from "car clutter".

A beach buggy?

DH was in the Marines from 1972-1974. He sent his all his checks from Uncle Sam to my MIL, who saved them for him. When he got out, the first thing he did was take all the money and buy a used Porsche convertible. I met him in May of 1974, and I still remember him picking me up for our first date--he looked like Robert Redford in The Way We Were, dressed all in white with aviator shades, standing beside this cool little forest green car, with (of all things!!) a bucket of champagne on the console and a silk scarf on the passenger seat so that he could drive me into NYC with the top down and my hair wouldn't get messed up.

Cut to the next scene: DH in his white movie star outfit pushing a dead-at-the-tollbooth fancy car over the to side of the road, and getting under it to fix it while I sat there watching the Chevies and Fords whiz past us on the parkway.

But it did make a great impression! I'm sure he just got a lemon. At least I got a scarf.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    DH was in the Marines from 1972-1974. He sent his all his checks from Uncle Sam to my MIL, who saved them for him. When he got out, the first thing he did was take all the money and buy a used Porsche convertible. I met him in May of 1974, and I still remember him picking me up for our first date--he looked like Robert Redford in The Way We Were, dressed all in white with aviator shades, standing beside this cool little forest green car, with (of all things!!) a bucket of champagne on the console and a silk scarf on the passenger seat so that he could drive me into NYC with the top down and my hair wouldn't get messed up.

Cut to the next scene: DH in his white movie star outfit pushing a dead-at-the-tollbooth fancy car over the to side of the road, and getting under it to fix it while I sat there watching the Chevies and Fords whiz past us on the parkway.

But it did make a great impression! I'm sure he just got a lemon. At least I got a scarf.
    what a great story! Truly excellent!

I have pushed a few Little British cars in my day. They are cute. They are not reliable.

Thread Information