Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
Since I've gained wt over the years, my feet are 1/2 a size larger. I have to go through all my shoes and get rid of the ones that no longer fit because I don't think your feet go back to being smaller when you lose wt. They are longer now, not wider or anything. So those shoes have got to go. I have an amazing shoe holder that goes on the back of my closet door and it holds 32 pairs. It's full.
That is such a hard one for me! I love shoes, boots, sandals, etc.
In college I wore an 8 and mom and I shoe shopped every time I went home or she came to visit. Pregnancy brought on a 1/2 inch increase that I never lost so I had to get rid of probably 60 pair. Then weight gain and another 1/2 then the broken ankle somehow affected shoe size and another 1/2-1 increase. Boots I have to get 10 in now and everything else 9 1/2. Sigh. That is too big for my almost 5'4.5" height. I trip over my own feet all the time. I wear boots some but they just look gigantic on me. I have much less shoes, boots, sandals now because I wonder if they are like noses and ears and just keep growing as you age.