How low can you go in terms of # of items? What clothing items have you gotten rid of?
I am doing a major purge. This has been a step by step process, over several months as I am losing weight; 30 pounds thus far and 15 more to go to get where I want to be. So I do this in phases:
1) Tried on all the shorts, pants and capris after I realized too many were literally falling off when I put them on and went out for the day. Put in pile to give away.
2) Tried on all the shirts. Added to the pile, all the ones which didn't fit well anymore and didn't cover well enough. I have evolved in that over the years, and am now no longer comfortable wearing clothes that show more skin that I want to show.
3) Went through all the dressier clothes, and added to the pile skirts that don't have matching tops.
4) Went through all the casual clothes, and added to the pile tops that are just too worn out looking. Not too many of those but every little bit helps.
5) Tossed away all the slips. Who wears those anyway anymore? I sure don't.
6) Tossed in the pile clothes that I just never wear, of the casual clothes, for reasons that I am just not sure of.
7) Kept most of the dressy clothes, but did get rid of some. I live a casual country life now and have not gone to any dressy affairs in almost a year, but who knows, maybe that will change some time in the future? No clue.

Now I am counting what is left. STILL too many! Am hoping that when I lose another 15 pounds, that will help as more will not fit. But I am curious for the most part, how many outfits, casual and dressy, do you own and use? My intent, is to get my wardrobe down to ONE closet full; Right now I need an extra closet to store the dressy stuff. Not good!