Thread: Funny, boss thought I quit

Funny, boss thought I quit

So last night I got a call from my boss, he had received an email from a teacher at my school recommending a candidate for my position! I assured him I had not quit (although our meeting that day had inspired me to think about it), I had also not told a teacher I was quitting. I know that my assistant is applying for my position at another school right now and had asked a teacher for a recommendation so that was most likely what happened.

I did tell him that I had been totally transparent in saying I would transition to a teaching position if that became available so he would not feel blindsided if I applied. However that did not affect my commitment to doing my best job at this time.

Did he sound happy or panicked?

He is hard to read on the phone, surprised or confused? He and his supervisor were apparently shocked when my colleague turned in her resignation, they didn't seem to process how bad this year has been.

He did try to tell me to be careful what I said to people, but I did not tell anyone I was quitting so he stopped short. Very ingrained apparently to hold someone responsible.

He called you at home with this? This guy is working very hard to gaslight you. Don't turn your back on him for a minute. (Been there, done that)

Not at home, in the evening but still work hours and on my work cell.

I talked to the teacher and it makes a little more sense because he wrote in the email 'if ZG is not here', so the teacher felt bad. But it is reasonable since I talked to this teacher about his teacher career. Still not great, but also I don't really owe anyone anything but a 2 week notice.

Thread Information