Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quest for Simplicity

Quest for Simplicity

Hello all!

My name is Hannah, and I recently set out on a to quest lead a much more simple and organized life. I currently have the organization skills of a raccoon and the spending habits of Mike Tyson.

I have recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been struggling with finding new ways to do the things that used to be much easier. In addition, I'm a mechanic by trade with now sometimes useless hands. My husband has been accepted to grad school and will not be working full time, so I'll be our only income..as I try to switch career fields and find something I both like and am good at. Streeeesss. I decided to do two things: Start documenting my journey via blog (which I thought about linking in but I ain't shameless) and start reaching out the those already living the simple, frugal life I aspire for.

That's how I landed here. I look forward to learning more about the fabled frugal life from you all!

-Hannah
    Last edited by optiminimalist; 5-8-18 at 11:07am. Reason: Typo

Hello and welcome! I love your screen name!

I completely identify with the raccoon/Mike Tyson similes. We are a very diverse group here, but all bound by the same overarching desire to live a simple life however we define it.

Looking forward to your sharing your journey!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome, Hannah! I look forward to reading your posts--your writing is delightful!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Welcome! We have been frugal most of our lives but are now at the stage of our lives where we are spending to do the things we have waited to do. We are having a great time.

It's a pleasure to have you here Hannah and I look forward to future discussions. We have a really nice group here on the forums. MY SIL had RA and is taking Humira.

Quote Originally Posted by optiminimalist View Post
    Hello all!

My name is Hannah, and I recently set out on a to quest lead a much more simple and organized life. I currently have the organization skills of a raccoon and the spending habits of Mike Tyson.

I have recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been struggling with finding new ways to do the things that used to be much easier. In addition, I'm a mechanic by trade with now sometimes useless hands. My husband has been accepted to grad school and will not be working full time, so I'll be our only income..as I try to switch career fields and find something I both like and am good at. Streeeesss. I decided to do two things: Start documenting my journey via blog (which I thought about linking in but I ain't shameless) and start reaching out the those already living the simple, frugal life I aspire for.

That's how I landed here. I look forward to learning more about the fabled frugal life from you all!

-Hannah
    Hannah:

Welcome! Please share the blog if you like.

You'll find us a friendly, occasionally rowdy and disagreeable, but truly fun bunch.

This place is an excellent sounding board for ideas.

Welcome, Hannah! If your first post is anything to go by, you're an entertaining writer. I'm looking forward to your posts here. I also would like to take a look at your blog.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Welcome! Love your intro! I'm going to laugh about racoons all evening. Sorry mechanic work is becoming more difficult as your medical issue develops. My advice don't attack everything at once except lists. Lists will be your best source of motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    It's a pleasure to have you here Hannah and I look forward to future discussions. We have a really nice group here on the forums. MY SIL had RA and is taking Humira.
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope he is doing well with it. I take prednisone and plaquinil, but am vying to start taking Enbrel instead.

Are you still working as a mechanic or doing something else to pay the bills (due to the RA)?
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information