Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Killing our Keurig

We actually put very little down the garbage disposal these days. Much of it can be composted and what cannot be composted (gristle, etc.) shouldn't go down the drain anyway. It used to be we had to have a drain-clearing service come out every several months to clean out food waste, soap, etc. from the kitchen drain. Now that interval has lengthened to every other year or so. When we replace the sink, I think we'll go without a disposal at all. Nowhere near the benefit considering what it costs us.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

We only use the disposal for small scraps. Plates get scrapped into the compost bin for curbside pickup. We've been lucky, knock on wood, that in ten years of living here we've never had an issue with the disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    We only use the disposal for small scraps. Plates get scrapped into the compost bin for curbside pickup. We've been lucky, knock on wood, that in ten years of living here we've never had an issue with the disposal.
    We've used ours every day for the past 25 years without a problem, well, except for that marble one time.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    We've used ours every day for the past 25 years without a problem, well, except for that marble one time.
    Well that must have been, ummm, exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Please compost your coffee grounds. Your plants will thank you.
    Ok - I put my grounds in a used (clean) ziplock baggie this morning. When it gets fuller, I'll take it outside and dump it in my garden area.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My grandfather would never allow his coffee cup to be cleaned. The inside was stained from years of use and he insisted it added flavor to his morning brew, he was concerned he would lose that flavor if it were properly cleaned.
    My dad always said the same thing! And now my sister and I both refuse to wash our coffee pots.

Beckyliz, we get the bags of grounds from Starbucks when we see them, and I just dump them on my rosebushes, no special anything. They like it.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    My dad always said the same thing! And now my sister and I both refuse to wash our coffee pots.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information