Thread: Such a nice parent compliment I cried

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Such a nice parent compliment I cried

Well just a little. I am home sick and I get very emotional when I am ill.

She shouted me personally out for a full paragraph talking about how I go above and beyond to make sure they are registered for next year, for all our dismissal days and camps, etc. There were other things but that was the highlight.

I am super encouraged since I seem to continue to struggle with the 'simpler' tasks of a routine nature. Not just at work but personally. Lots of reminders, systems to support, etc.

It is always a pure treasure when one's efforts are validated and acknowledged. It is important to do as well. Glad you got this gift.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

That's wonderful. Seems like in today's society we humans are quick to criticize but slow to compliment.

I remember one from over 25 years ago: I had to take my young son to the ER for stitches. It was my job to distract and comfort him during the procedure, and I made up a silly game of how many ice cream flavors there were and what combinations we could make. I also said we'd get ice cream on the way home. He did whimper a bit but made it through, and the ER doc looked at me and said, "You're a good Mom."
    At that point I had been a single mom for a few years and it was the first compliment I'd ever received on my parenting. To this day it was one of the kindest things anyone has ever said about me, and although it was just a single sentence, it was a real balm to my soul.

Moral of the story is that the right words at the right time are very powerful.

That's beautiful Lainey!

And Congrats ZG on being acknowledged!

I still keep a little file I refer to when I get written "thanks" or "good job" type stuff. Sometimes looking through that file helps me finish a day.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

That is awesome lainey, i have been a single mom for 12 years, oh maybe more, and it is rare to hear something nice honestly.

I am cleaning to move and finding some lovely notes along the way

BTW we had parent surveys go out by email, and so far mine has had the most responses! I think my program is smaller than the other 2 elementary ones.

Thread Information