Thread: Anyone make your own toothpaste?

Anyone make your own toothpaste?

So I just bought a ton of toothpaste, with peroxide, Floride and all that other bad stuff, a particular one I had never tried before. Have been having super dry mouth, coughing reflex, and blistered mouth ever since I started using it, just never put 2 and 2 together. I started reading online reviews for it and there are a lot of similar comments about it online. I can't believe they still make this stuff with all the negative comments about it. So decided to try making my own toothpaste. Anyone else do that?

No, but I will be interested to hear what you find out!

What were you using before? What made you change to the new one that you don't like? Toothpaste actually isn't necessary at all. Make a small rinse solution of baking soda and water and brush your teeth with it. It is the mechanical action that is critical. Some people brush their teeth with straight baking soda but I found that too abrasive and salty.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    No but I have brushed my teeth with salt in the past. There are natural toothpastes as well such as Tom's of Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    What were you using before? What made you change to the new one that you don't like? Toothpaste actually isn't necessary at all. Make a small rinse solution of baking soda and water and brush your teeth with it. It is the mechanical action that is critical. Some people brush their teeth with straight baking soda but I found that too abrasive and salty.
    I was using various brands, but this one was a particular one that seemed similar to other ones I had used in the past.

Like Tom's of Maine with propolis ... no need to make own

Tom's of maine deodorant gave me a terrible nasty rash. Too lazy to make toothpaste.

Thread Information