Thread: improvement in that I am laughing

improvement in that I am laughing

I had my check in for my improvement plan today with supervisor. It was changed twice since I was sick this week, still not 100%. However part of it was that I am STILL insubordinate. There were some nice compliments at the beginning, changing his opinion entirely from being highly critical last week. Then a point where he questioned if I was really telling the truth mildly.

I asked about a couple things that I had followed to the letter, that was what he thought I wasn't quite truthful about, but he didn't want to get into specifics. Just generally my overall work is insubordinate.

I mentioned that to 2 people at some point and they laughed, one said I am the most mellow person they know. Letting go and laughing (and working my bum off on my end of year self review and data).

Cambridge dictionary:

Insubordinate: refusing to obey orders from someone in authority, and not showing respect for them

he may be aware that you (justifiably) do not respect him personally, or, you just may not be kissing his @$$ enough. I’m not sure how your work can be insubordinate unless you are doing things he says not to do or ignoring things he says to do.

Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form. -- Vladimir Nabokov

I think they are over-using it and using this word incorrectly. Of course to point that out with big words is also a bad idea. It is disrespectful to be smarter.

They are including times when I simply had a long list and didn't get it all done with open defiance of what I should be getting done. It is just my sparkling personality apparently, I have a wonderful way of making it seem like I am defiant all the time this year. Funny that for the previous 8 years I have been seen as very kind, helpful, compassionate, competent, etc. Maybe quirky and tend to take charge but not openly defiant.

The new summer coordinator just quit, last day in one week. I am going to ask around to see if anyone knows anything. Seems rather sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form. -- Vladimir Nabokov
    OMG! I am going to use this in my exit interview!

Thread Information