I am finding this move so hard. My biggest down size I had a boyfriend and he just took great care of me and things. I also had 2 of my kids and their friends. Right now I have very little in the way of practical support. My kids are taking care of themselves, and that is enough besides some minimal help. I don't have 'moving friends'. I need to hire someone to help with a couple big things, but I am running out of space in storage even if I want to move things there. It is hitting me, and it isn't much by choice. My finances and work situation are pushing this as well.

I really like the lady I am going to live with, but there is some impact from her not really looking for a roommate. So I feel overall there will be less space based on our talks. However the basement has no furniture so I can move the couch I have down there, if I get a mover person. My mom talked to me about keeping some things and I think I am going to have to say no, and post a lot on next door today. This includes a great desk and even my kitchen table. It is from Ikea and I could replace it when I need to. I saw a furniture pick up and donate service that I could also use.

Letting go of the role of 'mom you can come home to' is hard. I am not keeping things the kids can't take right now. I won't have the extra stuff when they may be ready for it, I am not even sure what this is about. Just that we don't have that home town or home that has been in the family forever, and it feels weird.