Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Trends in home decor

  1. #31
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,591
    I think it's a great trend to actually use these wonderful old things.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I think it's a great trend to actually use these wonderful old things.
    I like the idea of a vintage theme.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    The Joanna Gains effect!
    Quote Originally Posted by messengerhot View Post
    I like the idea of a vintage theme.

    So would vintage Waco decorating be crime scene tape around a charred living quarters?

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So would vintage Waco decorating be crime scene tape around a charred living quarters?
    OMG, I laughed so hard, I snorted!

  5. #35
    Senior Member SiouzQ.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central-ish New Mexico
    Posts
    1,111
    I used to watch that HGTV back in Michigan at the gym when I did 30 minutes of the treadmill-thingy and really grew to hate those stupid out-sized clocks with the Roman numerals (think train station) that Joanna Gaines insisted on using in EVERY single remodel. I hate that paid advertising crap!

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,322
    I think the Gaines' are brilliant or have a brilliant manager. They are getting their fame and fortune everywhere they can...while they can. It won't surprise me if they quietly disappear as time goes by - by design.

  7. #37
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I used to watch that HGTV back in Michigan at the gym when I did 30 minutes of the treadmill-thingy and really grew to hate those stupid out-sized clocks with the Roman numerals (think train station) that Joanna Gaines insisted on using in EVERY single remodel. I hate that paid advertising crap!
    The giant clocks are still to be found in Hobby Lobby.

  8. #38
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,591
    We gave up our cable when Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was still pretty new, and I remember saying that was the one show I would miss ( so probably 2003 - 2004 ish). It turns out that I didn't miss it all that much, but I know not these HGTV shows of which you speak.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    2,758
    Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is back, it's on Netflix

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So would vintage Waco decorating be crime scene tape around a charred living quarters?
    Every time I watch that show I first think of the massacre!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •