Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refugee welfare fraud in Minnesotapo

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Refugee welfare fraud in Minnesotapo

Some ex Minnesotans were talking about this today. Millions are leaving the US to fund relatives and war. With infrastructure, police and school funding problems looming how can this be happening? It has been a scam there for years.

http://www.fox9.com/news/investigato...of-msp-but-why

edited to say I have no idea why there is a PO after Minnesota in the topic.
    Last edited by flowerseverywhere; 5-15-18 at 2:12am.

Kind of smells of rabble-rousing against Islam.

That's horrible. Now that is is known they need to investigate, arrest people, etc. When I was a SW daycare funds were hard to come by for poor families and really needed.

Yppej
    I am surprised that private daycares would receive public funding. I thought only Head Start got that. When my son was young I got to claim a childcare deduction on my income taxes but no government funds went to the daycare provider.

That doesn't sound right... in California, the only subsidized childcare is through the public schools, and there is very little of that. The actual money never touches the local facility, so nobody would be bagging it up, handing it out, or sending it anywhere.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    And a follow up from public radio
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/0...care-providers

The Minnesota legislature is calling emergency hearings so that will be interesting.

Here is an interesting article from CNN. Minnesota has the largest Somali population in the US. The article states how liberal MN is in programs for refugees.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/...nesota-photos/

it will be fascinating to follow this. Is there truly that much fraud, or it it a quest to smear the Refugees, or what. I think the daycare rules must be much different than other states if there is such a possibility of fraud.

I had not even thought that it may be just a tactic to get people to hate immigrants. Will be interesting to see what happens. My new sister said in England everyone paid into the health system through their paycheck deductions. Then immigrants came and got free healthcare. She said it is no longer sustainable. She said joining the EU was bad for her country.

I don't know who the Nuffield Trust are, or how valid their research, but they seem to disagree with the concept that immigrants are what's causing the UK's NHS to have budget shortfalls. The much bigger issues seem to be an aging population, more expensive treatments and rising wages in the medical sector. It would seem reasonable that unless the immigrants are retirees they are probably paying enough taxes into the system to cover the costs of the services they are receiving from the system.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...ion-nhs-crisis

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I don't know who the Nuffield Trust are, or how valid their research, but they seem to disagree with the concept that immigrants are what's causing the UK's NHS to have budget shortfalls. The much bigger issues seem to be an aging population, more expensive treatments and rising wages in the medical sector. It would seem reasonable that unless the immigrants are retirees they are probably paying enough taxes into the system to cover the costs of the services they are receiving from the system.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...ion-nhs-crisis
    +1

So my sister said that many immigrants in England are not working and paying into the system. She now lives in Australia and if you are illegal you can never become a citizen. They allow people in from the refugee camps and they are vetted first. They have a quota of people they take each year.

Thread Information