Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dh and retirement

Lol! iris lilies.

Teacher Terry, my heartdaughter and I work(ed) at the same place (she is not coming back next year) every year the seniors do senior pranks, often aimed at a few favorite teachers. This year one of their pranks was to clean and organize her room. It took a two person team with intermittent assistants 6.5 hours. They sorted, categorized, and labeled everything. They shelved and alphabetized the books. They swept. They lined up the desks in a neat geometric pattern and raided other rooms to make all the chairs match. The other teachers came by all day to see. I actually laughed for a solid 5 minutes. My favorite touch was the stapler shelf. It was divided into sections and labeled “working staplers with staples” (5) “non-working, empty staplers” (2) “non-working stapler with staples permanently jammed in the mechanism” (1)

That is too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Lol! iris lilies.

Teacher Terry, my heartdaughter and I work(ed) at the same place (she is not coming back next year) every year the seniors do senior pranks, often aimed at a few favorite teachers. This year one of their pranks was to clean and organize her room. It took a two person team with intermittent assistants 6.5 hours. They sorted, categorized, and labeled everything. They shelved and alphabetized the books. They swept. They lined up the desks in a neat geometric pattern and raided other rooms to make all the chairs match. The other teachers came by all day to see. I actually laughed for a solid 5 minutes. My favorite touch was the stapler shelf. It was divided into sections and labeled “working staplers with staples” (5) “non-working, empty staplers” (2) “non-working stapler with staples permanently jammed in the mechanism” (1)
    Hilarious! And yet, useful!

i was in the enviable position at work of having a secretary for many years. It was a weird deal that was created before my time, and for reasons that had little to do with efficient use of personnel. Public sector, doncha know. So when I could eliminate that position, I did so.

anyway...

one time I was being driven mad by staplers that did not work. Each time
    I reached for a stapler, seems that it did not work. Various sizes needed various types of staples. errrmahgod! So I asked her to take charge of them and make categories similar to those above. Laugh if you like, but it took her the better part of two days to organize the staplers.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-25-18 at 1:56pm.

Oh my ! I just tossed my favorite stapler! I had a parent who saw how terrible my office was this school year so she cheered me up by giving me cool desk stuff. She put pink sparklies on the stapler and the tape dispenser and I have a killer 3 hole punch. However the kids used the stapler for a project and it died,

Thread Information