Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Break up in family

At this rate he will see two more significant others of his mother in his household by the time he is of majority age. I guess kids like this get used to it, but it is too bad.

Granted, I am seeing this through the lense of a situaion close to us. Not a relative, but a friend is dealing with a bi-polar daughter who is on SO #3 and her little boy is only 6 years old. At this rate this little boy will have had 7 or so “daddies” by the time he reaches adulthood. Yay, him.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-18-18 at 10:00am.

I am sorry for your loss, and happy you made friends with that gal that got the heart.

Too much stuff, I call her my heartdaughter because i did not give birth to or adopt her, so I am not her legal mom. I did not marry her parent, and so I am not a stepmom. She did not marry my child, and so I am not her mother in law. And when I met her, the foster system had recently emancipated her and thrown her to the wolves, and so I am not her foster mom.

but I am her mom anyway. Because she asked me to be her mom. And I love her.

iris lilies, I am sad for that child. My heartdaughter is sad for her child. But his father left her for dead on the living room floor one night and snuck out with him in the morning before she regained consciousness. She got into the relationship with her current ex partner too fast and too soon, but at the beginning, it was something she needed. They have been trying to overcome a lot of clear red flags for years (like exgf really not wanting kids or marriage) she knows that this time she needs to learn to stand on her own and set boundaries. That she deserves to have someone who wants to meet her needs and shares all the of the goals that are important to her. That she deserves to be loved and doesn’t need to be rescued again.

Thread Information