Thread: Kids are moving in

Kids are moving in

My wife has convinced the kids to move down here. My daughter in law has always wanted to live in this area so it wasn’t hard to sway her. Her new job allows her to work from home so that made it possible. My sons boss said he had a few contacts down here and would put in a good word for him. And I had dinner with a guy that said he could start work for his company when he got down here also. My son has never had any trouble getting a job and has a very good work history.

They sold their house quick and close in a month, they will be moving down here at the end of the month. It will probably take them a month or so to buy their own house and close on it.

So the good is the grandkids will be close and this will make my wife very happy. They are 2 and 5, now if we could get the other kid and his family out of Chicago all the grandkids would be here.

i think I’m going to put some furniture in the hangar so I can have a quite place to go.

Sounds like a dream come true, dmc! Good for you, and hang in there through the transition phase, you are so lucky!

Ah, you will be “fixing the plane” a lot.

Yppej
    It's good they can move before the kids are at the age where changing schools is more difficult.

I'm jealous!

That is awesome!

It's funny because that's how a lot of people end up moving to Arizona. Their retired family members moved here first, and then when the family visits them and find they like being in a warm climate, next thing you know they decide to move here.

Such a joy to have family close by! My kids won't be back to Jersey any time soon, so that's why we're headed up to their parts. They can't escape their parents THAT easily!

I'm happy for you and your DW.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The kids have a contract on a very nice house. They close on July 6th. The owner is moving overseas and even leaving them some very nice furniture and all new appliances. Its 14 miles from our house.

4 bedroom with a very nice pool and lanei area. Fenced yard, newer home with hurricane shutters and current building requirements. My daughter in law works from home so one bedroom will be her office.

Congratulations to the family! Sounds wonderful! It will be so nice having them so close by.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information