Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I made a good decision

That sounds delightful, Catherine! Would love to see picture updates as your interior evolves!

Oh Catherine how wonderful. You found home!

Congratulations Gramma! It all does sound a perfect fit. How many of your neighbours live year-round?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Congratulations Gramma! It all does sound a perfect fit. How many of your neighbours live year-round?
    Zero.

In fact, one of them made a point to tell me that the previous owners of my house--the only ones who have winterized their cabin--"froze their a$$es off" in the winter. Several have said "You don't want to be here in the winter." We'll see.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That sounds great! Is your long term plan to move into town for the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    We brought in a half a cord of wood for the fire pit last night. Our neighbor's teenage kids stacked it for us and in return they asked if they could have some wood for their fire pit until they get some.
    Update on this story. The 16 year old boy who helped DH stack the firewood was showing DH his fishing lures. Last weekend this same boy caught a big pike. DH asked him to show him them, and was asking him questions about each one. Then the boy said, "These are what I bought with the ten dollars you gave me (DH had paid each boy $10 for the work).

I teared up. Honestly. DH gave the boy $10 for work that saved DH a heart attack, probably. But on the same token the $10 meant a lot to the boy because he was able to purchase something important. Here's a picture of DH and the boy, in DH's new "man cave"--an outbuilding/work shed.

IMG_4232.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That boy shows some interesting initiative that needs some mentoring. Will mean a lot to have other adults to "shadow" or talk with. Your husband is a nice guy.

How wonderful is that!

Thread Information