Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBD

Geila

CBD

I saw a talk show this morning discussing the benefits of CBD for pain relief and it got me curious. I've been getting lots of headaches due to stress lately and I've also been having pain in my knee and foot arch (previously injured both). I probably have some anxiety over my current medical stuff but I"m just not consciously aware of it. I've been taking lots of Advil and I know that it can cause stomach issues if used excessively. From what I heard on tv, CBD has not shown any adverse side effects.

Anywho, I stopped by an "Herb" store as it's next to Costco and I was there this morning. They claimed to have stuff to address my ailments but wanted my ID to scan and for me to fill out a form which seemed weird so I left. They also had a security guard outside and he would not allow me in the store unless I showed him my ID.

I searched and did not find a thread on here about CBD but I think maybe some people have talked about it here before.

Has anyone used it for aches and pains as an ointment/cream/lotion, and has anyone used it to treat headaches or anxiety?
    Last edited by Geila; 1-29-19 at 5:55pm. Reason: clarity

I have friends who swear by it to assist with sleep* and for pain, but I think they use preparations that are a mixture of CBD with some THC. It seems you have to do some experimenting to find what works best for you. If your "herb" shop offered other cannabis products, the ID rigamarole was probably state-mandated. Peruse www.leafly.com for product reviews and information.

*Mr. Moxey's Mints and Honey Sticks are what the friend with sleep issues uses. https://www.moxeysmints.com/home/

I use a ointment with a small amount of THC and it takes away the pain quickly. Yes you have to go through the process as mandated by the state because they sell pot to smoke or ingest.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I use a ointment with a small amount of THC and it takes away the pain quickly. Yes you have to go through the process as mandated by the state because they sell pot to smoke or ingest.
    TT - which ointment do you use? The product search feels overwhelming right now. Does it work on headaches too?

Straight CBD hasn't done anything for me but make my bank balance lighter. I need a bit of a THC boost to get any relief.

Kynd balm. Costs 40 and have half left 6 months later. I put it on my knee for intense pain. It lasts for 12 hours. A little goes a long way.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Kynd balm. Costs 40 and have half left 6 months later. I put it on my knee for intense pain. It lasts for 12 hours. A little goes a long way.
    I looked this up and it does say that it works for headaches. Unfortunately, they only sell in Las Vegas! Boo-hoo.

Probably can’t mail it because of the THC. You can buy it anywhere in Nevada.

Geila
    Oh, I meant to say Nevada. I'm in the Bay Area.

If you live that close you should make a trip and stock up. We can drive to the Bay Area in 3 1/2 hours which we do occur for fun.

Thread Information