Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Contagious disease and immunizations

I think they say you have to get the Tdap unless babies have had theirs which can't happen until they are 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yeah--the much-vaunted herd is primed to yell "anti-vaxxer" at those who don't fall in line. I would consider certain ones, depending on my personal risk. I've never had chicken pox--and I've been exposed to it--so no shingles shot for me.
    As someone who got chicken pox at age 30 (20ish years ago, about 2 years after the vaccine for chicken pox became available) I hope you've had the chicken pox vaccine. By far I've never been sicker. And to be able to not have to worry about ever getting shingles would have been awesome. But no, I'll be going for the second shingles shot in a couple of weeks because I hadn't heard that there was a chicken pox vaccine until after it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I lowered my cholesterol with a plant based pill recommended by my chiropractor by 50 pts in 1 month. .
    Teacher Terry, will you say more about this plant based pill that helps lower cholesterol? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    As someone who got chicken pox at age 30 (20ish years ago, about 2 years after the vaccine for chicken pox became available) I hope you've had the chicken pox vaccine. By far I've never been sicker. And to be able to not have to worry about ever getting shingles would have been awesome. But no, I'll be going for the second shingles shot in a couple of weeks because I hadn't heard that there was a chicken pox vaccine until after it was too late.
    I had chicken pox. I had shingles. 1 in 3 people who get shingles get it again. I’m getting the vaccine! Shingles - it felt as if I had nests of electric eels eating me from inside. To say it hurts us an understatement. Throw in constant electric shock sensations, insomnia for the duration, and muscle twitches.

Lead me to the person with the ampoules and the needle!

Yay!

We have a declared state of emergency in Washington State because of....wait for it... measles!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/26/healt...ncy/index.html

Our local anti-vaxxers are out in force too today.

I'm glad all new construction is ADA-compliant, we'll need that when polio starts coming back.

Children need their vaccines unless medically contraindicated. How are so many kids getting exceptions and allowed to go to school?

My own household is virus ridden with a resperitory illness. In early January were enclosed in a hot farmhouse with 40 people and numerous small germ factories toddling around, and we got a double dose of the thing. First few days it followed a normal path and then it reinfected us for a second round.

I am washing everything that can be washed in hot cycles—dishes, bedding, clothing, hair.

This is, of course a minor thing in the world of infectious diseases and I am sorry for anyone who cannot take innoculations but becomes ill due to the lack of herd protection these days. They are in danger.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-28-19 at 3:54pm.

Teacher Terry, will you say more about this plant based pill that helps lower cholesterol
    I took the pill Terry did with no impact. In my case, it's not my diet (where a cholesterol remover could be helpful), it's that my liver manufactures too much.

Herb, that’s a bummer. Actually I don’t care about my cholesterol numbers because studies only find them helpful for a select group of men. But it got my doctor off my back.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Yay!

We have a declared state of emergency in Washington State because of....wait for it... measles!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/26/healt...ncy/index.html

Our local anti-vaxxers are out in force too today.

I'm glad all new construction is ADA-compliant, we'll need that when polio starts coming back.
    Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but Maricopa County where I live has now lost herd immunity.
    https://www.azfamily.com/archives/as...72906d26c.html

Home to 4.3 million people and one of the country's busiest airports. Measles, whooping cough, and polio here we come.

Thread Information