Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Contagious disease and immunizations

  1. #11
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,021
    Once I got a flu shot because, hmmm, was it free at work? Or something. I just remember being shamed into it.

    The only inoculation I would consider, well, other than tetnus, is the shingles one. Shingles scare me.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-18-18 at 7:40pm.

  2. #12
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,012
    I'm in the process of getting the shingles vaccine (had shot 1 of 2). Conveniently provided at Costco, I was only 59 when I had that first shot and my insurance is covering in full.

  3. #13
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,021
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm in the process of getting the shingles vaccine (had shot 1 of 2). Conveniently provided at Costco, I was only 59 when I had that first shot and my insurance is covering in full.
    Wait, is this shot in 2 stages?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    2,758
    it scares me that we are seeing a resurgence of once eradicated diseases such as mumps and measles because parents are choosing not to immunize

  5. #15
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,410
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Wait, is this shot in 2 stages?
    Shingles scares me too. I've known too many people that suffered terribly. And Yes. Two shots two to six months apart. I had the first one a month ago. Definitely caused soreness at the injection site and a minor fever for 24 hours or so, but apparently that's normal because it causes quite an aggressive immune response.

    It never occurred to me to go to Costco. Maybe I'll do that for the second one.

  6. #16
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,256
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Once I got a flu shot because, hmmm, was it free at work? Or something. I just remember being shamed into it.

    The only inoculation I would consider, well, other than tetnus, is the shingles one. Shingles scare me.
    Yeah--the much-vaunted herd is primed to yell "anti-vaxxer" at those who don't fall in line. I would consider certain ones, depending on my personal risk. I've never had chicken pox--and I've been exposed to it--so no shingles shot for me.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    20
    Go on the internet and research the many books by doctors on the dangers of, and alternatives to, vaccines.
    Life Lessons From The Pennsylvania Dutchhttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/804572

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,191
    An excellent alternative to the tetanus vaccine is lockjaw.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,191
    A great video on homeopathic medicine! Emergency Room doctors treat a car accident victim with a variety of herbals and alternative medicinals!


  10. #20
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    A great video on homeopathic medicine! Emergency Room doctors treat a car accident victim with a variety of herbals and alternative medicinals!

    That was funny!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •